Digital Access

Digital Access
Access and all Shaw Media Illinois content from all your digital devices and receive breaking news and updates from around the area.

Print Edition

Print Edition
Subscribe now to the print edition of Suburban Life.

Text Alerts

Text Alerts
Get text messages on your mobile phone or PDA with news, weather and more from

Email Newsletters

Email Newsletters
Our My Suburban Life Daily Update will send you all of the news you need to keep up with the pace of news in DuPage and Cook County.
Local Business

Five important questions to ask your insurance agent


No matter what stage of life you’re in, there are five important questions to ask your insurance agent.

1. If my employer offers life insurance, do I need to buy more?

The agents at TW Group, Inc. can guide you through the different types of life insurance policies available and help you chose the policy that will best fulfill your unique needs and goals.

According to the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), a healthy 50-year-old male could save nearly 80 percent on premiums in the first year alone by switching from an employer-provided term life insurance policy to an individual one.

2. What does homeowners insurance really do?

Your home is not only one of the biggest purchases you will make, it’s also your most valuable asset.

Homeowner policies will differ on where you live, the valuables in the home and which coverage options you choose.

Don’t own a home? Renters insurance protects your possessions against loss from fire, vandalism or theft, water damage and more!

3. What type of auto coverage do I need?

Car insurance provides protection in the event of a crash to prevent a large financial burden, but it can be one of the costliest purchases that you hope to never use. 

TW Group, Inc. is one area business that provides a wide range of auto insurance products, from collision to comprehensive coverage, liability limits and optional coverage.

4. What do I need if I own a boat, motorcycle or other vehicle?

If your cycle has an engine displacement of more than 150 cc, it is a motorcycle. If the engine displacement is less than that, your ride is a motor-driven cycle. Liability insurance is required for motor vehicles to meet Illinois’ requirements.

5. How can I save money on my insurance?

You may qualify for additional discounts such as having multiple policies with a company, safety courses completed or renewal credits. You can also get a price break by having a safe driving record, installing a burglar alarm or stop smoking. 

TW Group, Inc. : 850 N Cass Ave., Westmont IL 60559 : 630-737-0300 :