The DuPage County Board Tuesday is expected to take action to authorize an additional $2.5 million in funding via the DuPage County Small Small Business Grant Relief Program for restaurants and food establishments.
The board meets at 10 a.m. at the DuPage Center Administration Building, 421 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton.
If approved, restaurants and food service establishments in the county that have less than $4 million in annual gross revenue and meet other criteria and qualifications will be eligible to apply for COVID-19 relief funds up to $15,000 to cover business and operational expenses.
If approved, the portal to accept applications will open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday. Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis at https://www.choosedupage.com/reinvest-dupage/.
Based on sheer number of applicants during the last phase of this program, funding capacity could be reached within hours, but the portal will remain open until funding capacity is reached.
The proposed criteria and qualifications for applicants include:
• Restaurants with less than $4 million in annual gross revenue may apply for a grant up to $15,000.
• If you have previously received funding from the DuPage County Small Business Relief Grant Program, you are not eligible.
• Restaurant owners ineligible for this program because they received other funds intended for this purpose may be eligible now.
Businesses will be notified of their application status by end of day Thursday. If they pre-qualify, they will be asked to submit the following items soon thereafter:
• Most recent tax return 2019 or 2018
• Documents substantiating proof of revenue decline due to COVID.
• Secretary of State Certificate of Good Standing
• Information on any COVID relief funds already received
• W-9 form