Town of residence
Current occupation and employer
Village Clerk, Western Springs
John Carroll, BA
Fenwick High School
Civic involvement and volunteer work
The Kennedy Forum Illinois
Mercy Home for Boys & Girls
St. John of the Cross Church & Parish
Previous elected offices held
Western Springs Village Clerk
What should Illinois do to improve its business climate and promote job growth?
Invest in labor trade schools to bridge the gap between infrastructure and the vacant skilled labor workforce.
What gun control measures do you support at the state level?
• Allow municipalities to ban assault weapons
• Raising taxes on the purchase of ammunition to fund gun violence prevention initiatives
What are your thoughts on the steps Illinois has taken to address its pension crisis? What additional reforms are necessary?
• The Illinois legislature has made great progress in pension reform with the multi-tier system. Although we will be liable for Tier I recipients, the Tier II recipients (hired after 2010) and the Tier III (hybrid defined contribution plan) will mitigate the risk over time.
• Expand the pension out programs.
• Place all pension management software on the same platform to view liabilities in one comprehensive location.
• Install a “One and Done” Pension Policy: when eligible for an Illinois pension and the recipient becomes fully vested in the first pension, they are not offered any additional pensions.
The current political climate across the United States seems more divided than ever. What will you do to foster cooperation and compromise among members of the Illinois General Assembly?
• The Illinois State Senate Bipartisan Women’s Caucus was established in April of 2018. While in the State Senate, I look forward to playing an active role in the organization.
• As a firm believer in data - driven decisions, I will take a quantifiable approach to outreach and building relationships with fellow legislators on the other side of the aisle.
• Growing up in a bipartisan home makes me qualified to work with both parties. As an independent thinker, I will not always vote along party lines but will vote in the best interest of the 41st District.