[Shaw Media file photo]
25. Loyola (3-2, 19): The Ramblers aren’t quite right at the moment and needed overtime to get past St. Ignatius to avoid falling below .500. But it is hard to argue with the track record and easy to believe Loyola will figure it out. Up next: vs. No. 23 Montini.
24. New Trier (4-1, NR): The Trevians have been the definition of a grinder-type team thus far, but that grind seems to lead to wins more often than not. Up next: vs. No. 20 Evanston.
23. Montini (5-0, 23): The sledding definitely got tougher for the Broncos last week and it will continue to do so through the remainder of their slate. Up next: at No. 25 Loyola.
22. East St. Louis (4-1, 25): One thing is not in question: the Flyers know how to keep scoreboard operators busy. They posted 74 in a Week 5 win over Collinsville. Up next: vs. Belleville West.
21. Naperville Central (3-2, 24): The Redhawks still can’t breath easy as the last two weeks of their schedule feature teams with a combined 10-0 record currently. Up next: vs. Naperville North.
20. Evanston (4-1, 16): Didn’t get the result they were looking for against Maine South, but few manage that anyway. The Wildkits are definitely worth monitoring down the stretch. Up next: at No. 24 New Trier.