Information in Police Reports is obtained from Hinsdale and Darien police departments. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Ten items of jewelry with an estimated value of $5,000 were stolen from a residence Feb. 25 and Sept. 23 in the 400 block of West 58th Place.
• An iPad was stolen from a car between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Sept. 21 at Fuller’s Car Wash, 102 W. Chicago Ave.
• Mail was stolen between 4 p.m. Sept. 24 and 8:40 a.m. Sept. 25 from residences in the 800 block of North Washington Street. The mail was later recovered and returned to the victims.
• Juan Contresas Chavez, 47, of the 16000 block of Terry Lane, Oak Forest, was charged at 5:50 p.m. Sept. 23 with leaving the scene of an accident at Lincoln Street and Hinsdale Avenue.
• A hit-and-run was reported at 6:27 p.m. Sept. 28 in the 400 lock of South Furlow Street when a blue SUV drove over the victim’s foot then sped off.
• A beige colored Mercedes sedan hit a parked vehicle then fled the scene between 3:30 and 3:45 p.m. Sept. 24 at Hinsdale Fruit Store parking lot, 26 W. First St.
• Heather I. Miller, 27, of the 2400 block of Emerald Court, Woodridge, was charged 1:06 a.m. Sept. 25 with driving under the influence, speeding and improper lane use at 55th and Grant streets.
Jesus I. Aviles-Lopez, 32, of the 2200 block of South Oakley Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 1:09 a.m. Sept. 26 with DUI and speeding at 55th and Elm streets.
Four light posts, a spotlight and two windows were damaged between 10 p.m. Sept. 25 and 8 a.m. Sept. 26 at the Institute of Basic Life Principles, 943 N. Adams St.
Marcus D. Andrews, 35, of the 2100 Grove Avenue, Berwyn, was charged at 3:16 a.m. Sept. 27 with possession of marijuana at County Line Road and Bob O Link Drive.
Known suspect wrote a check for $25.21 that was returned as insufficient funds at noon Sept. 14 at Mobil Gas Station, 8 W. Chicago Ave.
Unlawful weapon use
Anthony Romo, 53, of the 7700 block of Sawyer Road, Darien, was charged Sept. 13 with unlawful use or possession of a weapon by a felon.
John Stopper, 50, of the 1500 bock of 71st Street, Darien, was charged Sept. 19 with leaving the scene of an accident and no driver’s license in the 7500 block of Cass Avenue.
Kastytis Kvietkauskas, 30, of the 7900 block of Knottingham Circle, Darien, was charged Sept. 20 with domestic battery at his residence.
Joseph Halbert, 18, of the 7700 block of Stratford Place, was charged Sept. 22 with assault in the 7700 block of Stratford Place.
Controlled substance possession
A 16-year-old female from Lemont was charged Sept 22 with retail theft, possession of a controlled substance and unlawful use of a driver’s license at Wal-Mart, 2189 75th St.
• Joanne Kousnetz, 47, of the 800 block of South Adams Street, Westmont, was charged Sept. 5 with driving under the influence, possession of drug equipment, speeding, improper lane use and failure to signal in the 6500 block of Cass Avenue.
• Nicholas Alvarado, 23, of the 0 to 100 block of West 66th Street, Westmont, was charged Sept. 19 with driving under the influence, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper lane use in the 7500 block of Cass Avenue.
• Brittany Black, 22, of the 1000 block of Lincoln Street, Downers Grove, was charged Sept. 12 with local ordinance retail theft, possession of marijuana and possession of drug equipment at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• Jack Gina Dauphin, 47, of the 1400 block of South Warwick Avenue, Westmont, was charged Sept. 12 with retail theft at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• Sunney Torres Roman, 25, of the 7700 block of Wildwood Court, Darien, was charged Sept. 15 with retail theft at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• Kaitlin Orrick, 19, of the 5500 block of South Madison Street, Hinsdale, was charged Sept. 19 with retail theft at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• Tiffany Edmondson, 18, of the 5800 block of Lee Street, Downers Grove, was charged Sept. 19 with retail theft at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• Jacob Gorski, 18, of the 5500 block of Lyman Avenue, Downers Grove, was charged Sept. 23 with retail theft at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• Fishing equipment was stolen from a parked truck between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. Sept. 6 at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• A parked vehicle’s front passenger window was broken and a purse and wallet were stolen from inside between 12:20 and 1:14 p.m. Sept. 12 at Darien Sportsplex, 541 Plainfield Road.
• A mountain bike was stolen Sept. 13 from a locked area at Darien Fest.
• A purse was stolen from a shopping cart between noon and 12:30 p.m. Sept. 20 at Walmart, 2189 75th St.
• An unattended tablet was stolen about 8:30 p.m. Sept. 20 from the Indian Prairie Library, 401 Plainfield Road.
• A parked vehicle was vandalized between 2:30 and 5 p.m. Sept. 4 in the University Dermatology parking lot, 8110 Cass Ave.
• Someone vandalized a girls bathroom about 2:40 p.m. Sept. 11 at Hinsdale South High School, 7401 Clarendon Hills Road.
• An unknown object shattered part of a front door between 7 and 7:10 p.m. Sept. 14 in the 900 block of Walnut Drive.
• The trunk of a car parked in a garage was vandalized between 9 a.m. Sept. 18 and 10:30 a.m. Sept. 19 in the 7500 block of Nantucket Drive.
• A kitchen window was damaged by a BB gun pellet about 4:30 a.m. Sept. 18 in the 1500 block of Carrol Court.
• Maribel Ramirez, 22, of the 500 block of Redwood Road, Bolingbrook, was charged Sept. 6 with driving with a canceled, suspended or revoked registration and driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license in Plainfield Road and County Lane.
• Gabrielius Uzameckis, 26, of 2300 block of Vista Drive, Woodridge, was charged Sept. 6 with speeding and driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license in the 1800 block of 75th Street.
• Givante Fowler, 20 of the 1400 block of Rock Run Drive, Crest Hill, was charged Sept. 12 with driving on a suspended or revoked driver’s license, operating uninsured motor vehicle and no rear plate light at Plainfield Road and Cass Avenue.
• LaQuita Sampson, 32, of the 400 block of Hyde Park Avenue, Bellwood, was charged Sept. 17 with driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license at 75th Street and Lemont Road.
• Ebonee Martin, 26, of the 100 block of West 65th Street, Westmont, was charged Sept. 22 with driving with a suspended or revoked driver’s license, and operating motor vehicle with canceled, suspended or revoked registration at 75th Street and Cass Avenue.