When temperatures are below zero, the last thing you need is for your furnace to give out. There are many reasons why your furnace may need repairs at any time during the year, but when extreme cold sets in, you'll need an immediate diagnosis of the problem and fast, top-notch service from an HVAC professional. Golden Seal Service Experts will send a NATE-certified technician to your home to quickly detect and correct any furnace-related issues. Here are the five most common furnace problems to watch for this winter:
1. Thermostat issues. Sometimes the thermostat will be switched off if the power goes out; make sure you have a battery backup to keep the system running during frigid temperatures.
2. Air circulation problems can stem from broken fan motors, belts, and bearings, all of which can cause furnace overload and poor heating control.
3. Clogged air filters. Air filters should be changed every 90 days to prevent clogging that leads to airflow problems and the resulting lack of comfort. If you have pets, be sure to invest in HEPA filtration filters to keep indoor air quality at its best.
4. The pilot light or ignition starter may be faulty. If the starter won't ignite when it's supposed to, you may have intermittent heat, or none at all.
5. Inconsistent maintenance can lead to unexpected breakdowns, high energy bills, and poor indoor comfort levels. Regular tune-ups will go a long way in helping your furnace run properly and efficiently, and will give you confidence that your home will remain warm during even the coldest temperature drops.
If you feel your furnace may be experiencing one or more of these common issues, call Golden Seal Service Experts. They'll send out a professional technician to correct the problem immediately. Safety is of the utmost importance, so call the pros for these types of repairs. For more information, please contact:
Golden Seal Service Experts
1730 Wallace Avenue, Unit B
St. Charles, IL 60174