On April 19, the Elmhurst Chamber of Commerce & Industry honored nearly 40 members in the Business and Professional Services category at our “Salute to…” Spring Luncheon held at the Diplomat West Banquet Halls.
For nearly three decades, our Spring Luncheon has provided an annual platform for our Chamber to “salute” various business and not-for-profit categories within our membership.
In times of armed conflict, our Chamber has honored those in the military (1991) subsequent to Operation Desert Storm and those who protect and serve (2002) following the hijacked-airliner terrorist attacks in New York, Washington and Pennsylvania.
Past honorees range from women pioneers (1997) to multi-generational family businesses (2010), from octogenarian leaders (1998) to 25-year-plus members (2013), and from women business owners (2006) to those in community service (2015).
In 2011, Elmhurst’s future and new beginnings recognized leadership changes at the City of Elmhurst, Elmhurst Public Library, Elmhurst Park District and Elmhurst Memorial Healthcare.
This year’s honorees include a number of distinguished members, including:
* West Suburban Office Products, a Chamber member since 1966, which offers a members-only affinity program that gives discounts on purchases and generates a 3% Chamber commission;
* DeForest Creative Group, a Chamber member since 1967, which has served as the Chamber’s landlord for the past four years;
* Elmhurst College, a Chamber member since 1967, which once counted ECCI President and CEO John Quigley among its Chamber representatives (1991-99);
* RJ Recording & Sound, a Chamber member since 1991, which handled sound engineering services at two Elmfest entertainment stages until the community festival’s 2008 sunset;
* Catalano, Caboor Co., a Chamber member since 1994, which provides accounting services for ECCI, including the year-end financial report compilation, and state and federal income tax fillings; and
* Evenhouse & Co. (1996), Tree Town Reprographics (1997), Luscombe Music (1998), which have been Chamber members since the 1990s.