Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• Jerod Bunnell, 38, of the 500 block of Swain Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 7:13 p.m. Dec. 26 with domestic battery and unlawful interference with the reporting of domestic violence in the 500 block of Swain Avenue.
• Nicholas J. Bender, 25, of the 800 block of North Willow Road, Elmhurst, was charged at 6:38 a.m. Dec. 30 with domestic battery in the 800 block of North Willow Road.
A burglary reportedly occurred between 8:30 p.m. Dec. 27 and 7:50 a.m. Dec. 28 at A Shear Encounter, 129 W. Vallette St. An entrance door reportedly was shattered, the front reception desk was ransacked and several cabinet doors had been found open.
• Donald E. Massey, 49, of the 800 block of North State Street, Lockport, was charged at 11:22 p.m. Dec. 26 with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper parking in the roadway and improper use of an electronic communication device at Saylor and McKinley avenues.
• Alexis M. Ramirez, 22, of the 200 block of Oakley Boulevard, Chicago, was charged at 2:06 a.m. Dec. 29 with DUI of alcohol, speeding, improper lane use, illegal transportation of open alcohol and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North Avenue and York Street.
• Francisco J. Zepeda-Ponce, 27, of the 1700 block of Ash Street, Des Plaines, was charged at 5:29 a.m. Dec. 29 with driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, disobeying a stop sign and damage to city property in the 400 block of North Howard Avenue.
• Jerry Benson, 31, of the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road, Mount Prospect, was charged at 4:19 a.m. Dec. 30 with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while license suspended and improper parking/stopping on the roadway at St. Charles Road and Lawndale Avenue.
• John Kerrigan, 53, of the 500 block of Fairview Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 11:13 a.m. Dec. 30 with driving under the influence of alcohol, parking in the roadway and no insurance at Rex Boulevard and Montrose Avenue.
• Lupe Delapuz, 28, of the 1000 block of Cherry Street, Hammond, Indiana, was charged at 7:22 p.m. Dec. 30 with driving under the influence of alcohol and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at York Street and Industrial Drive.
An Acura TLX reportedly was stolen between 3 and 3:50 a.m. Dec. 23 at Ed Napleton Acura, 745 W. Lake St. A second vehicle that reportedly had been stolen in Northbrook was recovered at the same time at the same location. Property damage reportedly also occurred during that time period at the Acura dealership, at the Jaguar Elmhurst dealership at 490 W. Lake St. and at the Elmhurst Toyota dealership at 440 W. Lake St.