ELMHURST – Grace Cafe, which provides free community meals hosted by Elmhurst churches, will begin its 12th season Sept. 24.
The cafe began in 2007 as an ecumenical mission project to provide a free hot meal to anyone in the community, and it currently is supported by 15 Elmhurst churches, according to a cafe news release.
Community members and families who are facing a tight budget or eager to share dinner, companionship and conversation with other people are invited to come to Grace Cafe, which will host 16 meals through May 2019, the release stated.
Doors open at 4:30 p.m., meals are served starting at 5 p.m. and dinner concludes at 6:30 p.m., according to the release. No reservations are needed, and the meals are free of charge, the release stated.
For more information, call Bethel United Church of Christ at 630-279-4040.
The Grace Cafe schedule for 2018-19 is as follows:
• Sept. 24: Epiphany Lutheran Church, 314 W. Vallette St.
• Oct. 8: St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, 893 N. Church Road
• Oct. 22: St. Peter’s United Church of Christ, 125 Church St.
• Nov. 5: Elmhurst Presbyterian Church, 367 Spring Road
• Nov. 19: Christ United Methodist Church, 920 Swain Ave.
• Dec. 3: Redeemer & Immanuel Lutheran Churches, 345 S. Kenilworth Ave.
• Dec. 17: First United Methodist Church, 232 S. York St.
• Jan. 7: Visitation Parish Catholic Church, 779 S. York St.
• Jan. 21: St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church, at 893 N. Church St.
• Feb. 4: Immaculate Conception Church, 217 S. Cottage Hill Ave.
• Feb. 18: Redeemer Lutheran Church, 345 S. Kenilworth Ave.
• March 4: Yorkfield Presbyterian Church, 1099 S. York St.
• March 18: Episcopal Church of Our Savior, 116 E. Church St.
• April 8: Mary Queen of Heaven Church, 425 N. West Ave.
• April 29: First Congregational United Church of Christ, 235 S. Kenilworth Ave.
• May 13: Bethel United Church of Christ, 315 E. St. Charles Road.