Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
An incident involving the attempted acquisition of a controlled substance using a forged written prescription reportedly occurred at 1:50 p.m. Aug. 21 at Mariano's, 678 N. York St.
An incident involving several attempts at trespassing was reported at 7:03 p.m. Aug. 20 as having occurred between 7:32 and 7:33 p.m. Aug. 14 in the 500 block of Willow Road. No entry was gained to any vehicles.
• Robert Baldwin, 68, of the 300 block of West North Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 3:37 p.m. Aug. 24 with aggravated battery and resisting a peace officer in the 200 block of West North Avenue.
• Michael McCambridge, 61, of the 200 block of North Willow Road, Elmhurst, was charged at 8:56 p.m. Aug. 24 with battery and resisting in the 200 block of North Willow Road.
• A locked vehicle reportedly was entered between 5 p.m. Aug. 21 and 8:20 a.m. Aug. 22 in the zero to 100 block of Elm Creek Drive. Nothing was reported stolen, but multiple items reportedly were out of place.
• Sunglasses reportedly were stolen between 11:59 p.m. Aug. 20 and 8 a.m. Aug. 21 from a vehicle in the zero to 100 block of Elm Creek Drive. Credit cards and IDs reportedly were taken from the victim's wallet and placed on the front passenger seat, and contents of the center console and glove compartment reportedly were scattered around the floor board.
• An unlocked vehicle reportedly was entered between 7:15 p.m. Aug. 20 and 9:21 a.m. Aug. 21 in the zero to 100 block of Elm Creek Drive. Nothing was reported stolen, but multiple items reportedly were out of place.
• A watch reportedly was stolen between 6 p.m. Aug. 21 and 7:30 a.m. Aug. 22 from an unlocked vehicle in the zero to 100 block of Elm Creek Drive.
• An unlocked vehicle reportedly was entered between 6:30 p.m. Aug. 22 and 7:20 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 100 block of North Oak Street. The glove box and center console of the vehicle reportedly were rummaged through and belongings reportedly were thrown about the vehicle, but nothing was missing.
• Several gift cards and a Banana Republic credit card reportedly were stolen between 6:30 p.m. Aug. 22 and 10 a.m. Aug. 23 in the 100 block of North Highland Avenue.
• Coins reportedly were stolen between 8 p.m. Aug. 21 and 7:30 p.m. Aug. 24 from a pickup truck in the zero to 100 block of Elm Creek Drive. An interior locking latch for the rear cabin window reportedly was broken off, allowing for the sliding window to be opened from the outside.
• Tools reportedly were stolen between 8 p.m. Aug. 25 and 3:22 p.m. Aug. 26 from a white 2004 Ford van in the 900 block of North Oaklawn Avenue. The driver's side door lock reportedly was broken.
• John R. McGrath, 63, of the 1800 block of South 15th Street, Tacoma, Wash., was cited at 9:46 p.m. Aug. 14 with disorderly conduct – public intoxication at Prospect Avenue and Butterfield Road.
• MaryAnn Harnica, 55, of the 500 block of South Saylor Avenue, Elmhurst, was cited at 5:07 p.m. Aug. 21 with disorderly conduct – public intoxication in the 500 block of Spring Road.
• A juvenile was cited at 4:51 p.m. Aug. 26 with disorderly conduct – befouling property at Chipotle, 139 N. York St.
Drug paraphernalia possession
Joshua Villarreal, 24, of the 2900 block of Haber Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged at 12:10 a.m. Aug. 27 with possession of a hypodermic syringe at Wilder Park, 175 S. Prospect Ave.
• Adam Boucher, 34, of the 900 block of South Fairfield Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 12:56 a.m. Aug. 21 with driving under the influence of alcohol, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, no valid driver's license and improper lane use at McDonald's, 190 E. Butterfield Road.
• Rulin Palacios-Velez, 35, of the 1000 block of West Irving Park Road, Bensenville, was charged at 8:20 p.m. Aug. 21 with aggravated DUI of alcohol, possession of a controlled substance, endangering the life of a child, driving while license suspended, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, leaving the scene of an accident and failure to render aid after an accident at Route 83 and North Avenue.
• Michael J. Tihlarik, 28, of the 4100 block of North St. Louis Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 12:41 a.m. Aug. 22 with DUI of alcohol, speeding, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, expired registration and illegal transportation of alcohol at St. Charles Road and Kenmore Avenue.
• Oscar Ramos-Fabian, 26, of the 600 block of South Iowa Avenue, Addison, was charged at 1:18 a.m. Aug. 25 with DUI of alcohol and improper lane use at North and Oaklawn avenues.
• Maddelena Fico, 23, of the 100 block of Klein Creek Court, Carol Stream, was charged at 1:56 a.m. Aug. 25 with DUI of alcohol, speeding, improper lane use and no insurance at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• Miranda Lindgren, 22, of the 4800 block of West 138th Court, Crestwood, was charged at 2:14 a.m. Aug. 25 with DUI of alcohol, improper lane use, speeding and illegal transportation of alcohol at Route 83 and St. Charles Road. Jordan N. Lopez, 24, of the 1900 block of West Algonquin Road, Mount Prospect, and Marcy L. Raimondi, 41, of the 1300 block of Aldrin Trail, Elk Grove Village, were cited at the same time and date with illegal transportation of alcohol at the same location.
• Oswaldo Sanchez-Gonzalez, 46, of the 5900 block of Chicago Avenue, Berkeley, was charged at 6:56 p.m. Aug. 25 with DUI of alcohol at Jewel-Osco, 944 S. York St. Quy B. Dang, 26, of the 13400 block of Knightsway Drive, Houston, Texas, was charged at the same time and date with transportation of open alcohol at the same location.
• Nathan William Winquist, 27, of the 3400 block of Louis Street, Franklin Park, was charged at 1:16 a.m. Aug. 26 with DUI of alcohol, improper lane use and no headlights at North and Clinton avenues.
• Samuel Robert Wittmer, 18, of the 200 block of East Church Street, Elmhurst, was charged at 2:45 a.m. Aug. 26 with DUI of alcohol and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 100 block of East South Street.
• Jonathan Brignoni, 28, of the 4300 block of North Austin Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 12:48 a.m. Aug. 27 with DUI of alcohol, speeding and failure to dim headlights at North Avenue and Route 83.
An incident involving a recovered stolen motor vehicle was reported at 1:45 p.m. Aug. 20 at Ed Napleton Kia of Elmhurst, 727 W. Grand Ave.
• An incident involving harassment was reported at 1:25 p.m. Aug. 22 in the 700 block of South Saylor Avenue.
• An incident involving phone harassment reportedly occurred between 8:45 and 8:48 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 300 block of West North Avenue.
• An incident involving identity theft was reported at 5:24 p.m. Aug. 24 in the 300 block of Washington Street.
• An incident involving identity theft reportedly occurred at 1 p.m. Aug. 25 in the 200 block of West Crescent Avenue.
• Tareq H. Awad, 23, of the 5400 block of North Menard Avenue, Chicago, was cited at 2:27 a.m. Aug. 23 with unlawful possession of marijuana in the 500 block of North Kenilworth Avenue.
• Marty Torres, 22, of the 7800 block of West Sunset Drive, Elmwood Park, was cited at 11:16 p.m. Aug. 26 with unlawful possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding at North Avenue and Willow Road.
• A car reportedly was scratched between 6:30 p.m. Aug. 19 and 5 a.m. Aug. 20 at York Meadows Condominium Associates, 841 N. York St.
• Damage to a roof rack and dents to the sides of a vehicle reportedly occurred between midnight Aug. 17 and 4 p.m. Aug. 19 in the 800 block of South Poplar Avenue.
• The front bumper of city of Elmhurst car number E26 reportedly was damaged at 11:50 a.m. Aug. 17 at Fair Avenue and Huntington Lane.
• A BB or pellet gun reportedly may have been used to shatter the rear window of a parked Volkswagen between 11 p.m. Aug. 25 and 7:45 a.m. Aug. 26 in the 300 block of Kimbell Avenue.
Sale of alcohol to minor
• Jill Golowach, 54, of the 100 block of East Jackson Street, Elmhurst, was cited at 4:53 p.m. Aug. 23 with sale of alcohol to a minor at Jewel-Osco, 944 S. York St.
• Carol Frederick, 59, of the 800 block of South Ardmore Avenue, Villa Park, was cited at 5:39 p.m. Aug. 23 with sale of alcohol to a minor at Manny's Ale House, 683 W. St. Charles Road.
• John Horn, 71, of the 100 block of Virginia Street, Elmhurst, was cited at 6:55 p.m. Aug. 23 with sale of alcohol to a minor at The Club Shot & Beer, 113 N. Addison Ave.
Sale of alternative nicotine product to minor
Tanya Tainter, 29, of the 1500 block of Linden Park Lane, Aurora, was cited at 7:04 p.m. Aug. 23 with sale of an alternative nicotine product to a minor atCignot Elmhurst, 100 S. York St., Suite 108.
• An incident involving suspicious circumstances was reported at 3:23 p.m. Aug. 20 at the Elmhurst Public Library, 125 S. Prospect Ave.
• An incident involving suspicious circumstances reportedly occurred between 11:30 p.m. Aug. 23 and 5:30 a.m. Aug. 24 in the 600 block of South Berkley Avenue. A window well grate reportedly had been moved about a foot from a window.
• Benjamin Dynek, 29, of the 24000 block of West Rose Avenue, Lake Zurich, was charged at 6 p.m. Aug. 20 with felony retail theft at Mariano's, 678 N. York St.
• A stop sign and pole reportedly were stolen between 11 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20 at Surf Street and Berkley Avenue.
• A juvenile was cited at 12:20 p.m. Aug. 22 with soliciting without a permit, theft, possession of a controlled substance and obstructing identification at Fleet Feet, 124 E. Schiller St.
• A black clutch wallet and white leather wallet reportedly were stolen between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Aug. 22 from a room in Frick Hall at Elmhurst College, 190 S. Prospect Ave.
• A blue Lucky Bamboo potted plant reportedly was stolen between 5 and 6 p.m. Aug. 23 from outside a front doorstep in the 400 block of East Church Street.
• Both dealer plates off of a loaner car reportedly were stolen between noon Aug. 24 and 11:39 a.m. Aug. 25 at Elmhurst BMW, 466 W. Lake St.
• Cash reportedly was stolen between 11:43 a.m. and 2:26 p.m. Aug. 25 at Ed Napleton Kia of Elmhurst, 727 W. Grand Ave.
• Two white Nike hooded sweatshirts, one Nike sweater, one pair of Nike sweatpants and a black Nike hooded sweatshirt reportedly were stolen between 9:39 and 9:54 p.m. Aug. 24 at Kohl's, 303 S. Route 83.
• August C. Palmer, 64, of the 900 block of South Ninth Avenue, Maywood, was charged at 6:55 p.m. Aug. 25 with felony retail theft at Jewel-Osco, 944 S. York St.
• An incident of theft by deception reportedly occurred between 3:28 and 4:14 p.m. Aug. 26 in the 100 block of North Berteau Avenue. The victim reportedly received an email from a person claiming to be a priest from Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, where the victim works, requesting her to purchase iTunes cards for his niece and telling her he would pay her back. The victim reportedly bought iTunes cards and sent pictures of the cards to the suspect's email and then received an email from Immaculate Conception notifying employees of a scam going around requesting gift cards from employees.
• Noah Lahn, 18, of the 600 block of South Hillside Avenue, Elmhurst, was cited at 5:17 p.m. Aug. 20 with no valid driver's license at North and West avenues.
• Gary A. Franklin, 51, of the 1000 block of West North Avenue, Villa Park, was cited at 4:39 p.m. Aug. 19 with no valid driver's license and speeding at St. Charles Road and Poplar Avenue.
• Matthew Kodidek, 26, of the 200 block of Crestwood Lane, Bloomingdale, was charged at 11:36 p.m. Aug. 24 with aggravated driving while license revoked, no insurance and driving without headlights at York Street and North Avenue.
• Shimonica Wade, 35, of the 3600 block of West Ohio Street, Chicago, was charged at 11:55 p.m. Aug. 26 with driving while license suspended and impeding traffic at Lake Street and Route 83.
• Hector Rodriguez, 36, of the 4500 block of South Honore Street, Chicago, was arrested at 11:51 a.m. Aug. 17 on a warrant out of DuPage County and a warrant out of the Villa Park Police Department at the Elmhurst Police Department, 125 E. First St. Rodriguez was processed on the DuPage County warrant and released to the Villa Park Police Department on its warrant.
• Nathan Evans, 27, of the 300 block of South Maple Avenue, Elmhurst, was arrested at 3:18 p.m. Aug. 22 on a warrant from the Illinois State Police and cited with disobeying a traffic control device at York Street and Belden Avenue.
• Aide Rodriguez-Varela, 29, of the 100 block of South 16th Avenue, Maywood, was arrested at 8:58 a.m. Aug. 24 on a warrant out of Bureau County at Emroy and Grantley avenues.
• Henry Li, 21, of the 1900 block of Spice Circle, Naperville, was arrested at 11:48 p.m. Aug. 26 on a warrant out of DuPage County and charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and speeding at York and Harger roads.