Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• A semi-automatic handgun reportedly was stolen between 8 a.m. Aug. 15 and 8 a.m. Aug. 17 from a car in the 1000 block of 31st Street.
• Two purses reportedly were stolen between 4 and 8:19 p.m. Aug. 18 from a car in the 1000 block of 35th Street.
• A purse reportedly was stolen between 8:30 and 10:05 p.m. Aug. 17 from a car in the parking lot of the Downers Grove Park District Recreation Center, 4500 Belmont Road. A car window reportedly was smashed during the burglary.
• The windows of two cars were smashed between 9:30 and 10:45 p.m. Aug. 16 while parked at McCollum Park, 6801 Main St. A gym bag was removed from one of the cars, and a wallet and headphones were taken from the other.
• A television, watch, gift cards, jewelry box and several forms of identification reportedly were stolen between 8:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. Aug. 15 from an apartment in the 5800 block of Walnut Avenue.
• A wallet reportedly was stolen between 11:15 a.m. and 1 p.m. Aug. 10 from a locker in a building in the 700 block of 59th Street.
• A customer’s wallet and cellphone reportedly were stolen between 1 and 2 p.m. Aug. 18 from the counter at AutoZone, 245 Ogden Ave.
• Crystal Requena, 30, of the 4200 block of Birchwood Road, Richton Park, was charged at 4:47 p.m. Aug. 11 with retail theft at T.J. Maxx and Home Goods, 7349 Lemont Road.
Controlled substance possession
Theresa L. Spann, 61, of the 4400 block of Prospect Avenue, Downers Grove, was charged at 6:05 p.m. Aug. 14 with possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug equipment, driving on a revoked license and resisting a police officer in the 4400 block of Prospect Avenue.
Richard F. Rossadillo, 67, of the 1100 block of West Morse Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 7:18 p.m. Aug. 17 with keeping or maintaining a vicious dog after his dog allegedly bit a 2-year-old girl at the Red Roof Inn, 1113 Butterfield Road.
• The rear passenger-side window of a car reportedly was shattered between 9:45 a.m. and 7:07 p.m. Aug. 10 in the 1200 block of Butterfield Road.
• Four tires reportedly were slashed and the passenger-side door of a car was scratched between 8 p.m. Aug. 17 and 9:40 a.m. Aug. 18 in the 1300 block of Oak Hill Road.
• The windshield of a car reportedly was smashed and the roof and hood were damaged between 1:50 and 2:40 p.m. Aug. 17 at Gilbert Park, 1500 Gilbert Ave.
• The rear window and windshield of a car reportedly were shattered between 2 and 3 a.m. Aug. 12 in the 5800 block of Walnut Avenue.
Edward King, 55, of the 800 block of Grace Street, Colon, Mich., was charged at 9:20 p.m. Aug. 19 with unlawful possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, driving on a suspended license and driving with one headlight in the 6000 block of Cass Avenue.
• Michael Fortson, 33, of the 100 block of MacArthur Drive, Willowbrook, was charged at 11:15 p.m. Aug. 10 with unlawful possession of marijuana, driving on a suspended license, speeding and no insurance in the 6100 block of South Williams Street.
• Francisco Rosas, 40, of the 2100 block of Concord Drive, McHenry, was charged at 9:11 p.m. Aug. 13 with driving on a suspended license and without a license plate light in the 6600 block of South Cass Avenue.
• Lakesha Battles, 36, of the 100 block of North Hillside Avenue, Hillside, waas charged at 10:07 p.m. Aug. 16 with driving with a suspended license, driving with one headlight and no insurance in the 1400 block of South Williams Street.
• Mario Gomez, 27, of the 1900 block of Grove Avenue, Berwyn, was charged at 8:18 p.m. Aug. 19 with driving with a suspended license, no insurance and no license plate light in the 800 block of East Ogden Avenue.