Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• Jewelry valued at approximately $5,000 reportedly was stolen between 6 and 6:50 p.m. July 7 from an apartment in the 900 block of Curtiss Street. The front door was forced open during the burglary, according to the police report.
• Three thousands dollars reportedly was stolen between 5 p.m. July 3 and 10 a.m. July 5 from a car in the 5200 block of Blodgett Avenue.
• Prescription eye glasses and a cell phone charger reportedly were stolen between 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. July 6 from a hotel room in the 3000 block of Finley Road.
• Jacob A. Pacheco, 19, of the 500 block of Dobson Lane, Geneva, was charged at 6:48 p.m. July 5 with retail theft at Fry’s Electronics, 3300 Finley Road.
• Janelle E. Taylor, 18, of the 400 block of Austin Street, Downers Grove, was charged with theft at 5:04 p.m. July 11 at Home Depot, 2000 Butterfield Road, where she was employed.
Jacquelyn K. Dempster, 38, of the 700 block of Carriage Drive, Batavia, was charged with possession of a stolen vehicle and improper lane use, and Kalvin D. Green, 38, of the 700 block of Laurel Drive, Aurora, was charged with obstructing identification 4 a.m. July 6 in the 3500 block of Highland Ave.
Possession of alcohol by a minor
Tyler P. Parthun, 19, of the 25100 block of Deer Creek Court, Channahon, was charged at 3:45 p.m. July 15 with possession of alcohol by a minor and resisting a peace officer at Ogden and Fairview avenues.
Ryan Y. Ritchie, 31, of the 7700 block of Bishop Street, Chicago, was charged at 11:05 a.m. July 15 with aggravated battery, identity theft, possession of a fraudulent identification and resisting a peace officer at a business in the 1400 block of Butterfield Road.
The passenger-side doors of a car were scratched at approximately 3:55 p.m. July 11 in the 4200 block of Ogden Avenue.
Mary Morphew, 62, of the 200 block of North Oakley Drive was charged at 6:01 p.m. July 2 with battery in the 200 block of North Oakley Drive.
Several unlocked vehicles in the zero to 100 block of South Adams Street were entered at approximately 12:40 a.m. July 4. Nothing was taken from the cars.
• Bryant Dillon, 46, of the 500 block of Merrill Avenue, Calumet City, was charged at 1:34 p.m. July 5 with driving on a revoked license, expired registration and no insurance in the 400 block of East Ogden Avenue.
• Margaret Haupt, 34, of the 700 block of Citadel Drive, Westmont, was charged at 5:51 p.m. July 7 with driving on a suspended license, failure to report an accident to police and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident in the zero to 100 block of East Ogden Avenue.
• Christina Hoard, 23, of zero to 100 block of Hawthorne Drive, Countryside, was charged at 2:16 a.m. July 8 with driving on a suspended license, speeding, driving with open alcohol and no insurance in the 400 block of North Cass Avenue.
Filing false report
Tavonna Johnson, 30, of 200 block of South Campbell Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 5:47 a.m. July 8 with filing a false police report in the 800 block of South Adams Street.
A gas grill reportedly was stolen between 2 p.m. July 7 and 10 p.m. July 8 from a backyard in the 100 block of West Quincy Street.