Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• An attempted burglary reportedly occurred between 9 a.m. Jan. 12 and 5:30 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 700 block of North Eastland Street. A window screen reportedly was found on the ground and a back window screen reportedly had been tampered with, but entry was not gained to the residence.
• An attempted burglary reportedly occurred between 7 a.m. Jan. 24 and 3:10 a.m. Jan. 25 in the 800 block of Saylor Avenue. Nothing was reported missing.
• An unlocked vehicle in a detached garage reportedly was entered between 4:30 p.m. Jan. 24 and 8:30 a.m. Jan. 25 in the 1000 block of Saylor Avenue. The trunk reportedly was opened and the contents of the passenger area of the victim's vehicle had been rifled but nothing was reported missing.
• An attempted burglary to an unlocked vehicle was reported at 4:36 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 100 block of Joanne Way. The interior reportedly was in disarray. Nothing was reported missing.
• An attempted burglary to an unlocked vehicle reportedly occurred between 3:30 p.m. Feb. 1 and 4:45 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 100 block of Willow Street. The interior contents of the vehicle reportedly had been disturbed. Nothing was reported missing.
An attempted theft of three bottles of Absolut Vodka reportedly occurred at 7:13 p.m. Jan. 25 at CVS Pharmacy, 110 W. North Ave.
• An unlocked pickup truck reportedly was entered between 7:30 a.m. Jan. 24 and 6 a.m. Jan. 25 while it was parked in a driveway in the 900 block of Saylor Avenue.
• Two unlocked vehicles reportedly were entered between 10 p.m. Jan. 24 and 6 a.m. Jan. 25 while they were parked in a driveway in the 800 block of Saylor Avenue. A detached garage reportedly also was entered.
• A vehicle reportedly was entered between 8:30 p.m. Jan. 24 and 7 a.m. Jan. 25 while it was parked in a driveway in the 900 block of Saylor Avenue.
• A garage door opener was reported stolen at 3:10 a.m. Feb. 2 from a vehicle in the 300 block of West Third Street.
• A burglary to a vehicle was reported at 3:19 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 100 block of North Clinton Avenue. Paperwork reportedly was scattered, and a dome light turned on in the vehicle.
• A burglary to an unlocked vehicle reportedly occurred between 9:45 p.m. Feb. 1 and 3:10 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 200 block of North Clinton Avenue. The center console reportedly was opened, and various items reportedly were scattered in the vehicle.
• A burglary to an unlocked vehicle was reported at 3:10 a.m. Feb. 2 in the 100 block of Avon Road. An officer found a garage door opener, which reportedly had been in the vehicle, in the roadway. The contents of the glovebox and center console reportedly were scattered in the interior of the vehicle.
Controlled substance possession
Katlynn Cumpek, 25, of the 6400 block of 33rd Street, Berwyn, was charged at 1:18 a.m. Jan. 25 with possession of a controlled substance, retail theft, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of hypodermic needle at CVS Pharmacy, 110 W. North Ave. Carl D. Castleberry, 28, of the 300 block of South Briggs Street, Joliet, was charged at the same time and date with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at the same location.
• Daniel A. Eftimoff, 28, of the 100 block of Willow Creek Lane, Willow Springs, was cited at 10:38 a.m. Jan. 29 with disorderly conduct – public intoxication at Jewel-Osco, 153 E. Schiller St.
• An incident involving disorderly conduct reportedly occurred at 12:37 a.m. Jan. 31 at Shell, 926 N. York St.
Drug paraphernalia possession
• Oscar Suby, 56, of the 100 block of Division Street, Wood Dale, was cited at 12:29 a.m. Jan. 27 with possession of drug paraphernalia at York Street and Brush Hill Road.
• Lance Coppage, 32, of the 8000 block of Lake Street, River Forest, was cited at 7:39 p.m. Jan. 27 with possession of drug paraphernalia at York and Lake streets.
• Jose L. Mantilla, 45, of the 4200 block of West Carroll Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 10:03 p.m. Jan. 29 with possession of drug paraphernalia in the 700 block of South Washington Street.
• Jose Davila, 29 of the 4300 block of North Sawyer Avenue, Chicago, was cited at 5:17 a.m. Jan. 31 with possession of drug paraphernalia and speeding at Route 83 and Frontage Road.
• Andrew M. Santilli, 34, of the 300 block of West Kimbell Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 8:30 p.m. Jan. 31 with possession of drug paraphernalia and use of unsafe tire at Addison and Armitage avenues.
• Chris E. Smith, 22, of the 5400 block of West Augusta Boulevard, Chicago, was charged at 12:21 a.m. Feb. 1 with possession of drug paraphernalia, operating a motor vehicle with suspended registration, driving while license suspended and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Roosevelt Road and York Street.
• Isidro Sanchez-Cacho, 44, of the 2300 block of North Springfield Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 3:37 p.m. Jan. 27 with driving under the influence of alcohol, no insurance, no valid driver's license, illegal transportation of open alcohol and improper lane use at North and Emroy avenues.
• Gilberto Figueroa-Flores, 54, of the 2500 block of North Newcastle Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 12:02 a.m. Jan. 28 with DUI of alcohol and disobeying a traffic signal at North and Myrtle avenues.
• Gary M. Provenzano, 23, of the 500 block of Warren Court, Wood Dale, was charged at 6:18 p.m. Jan. 28 with DUI of drugs, improper lane use and driver's license not on person at Lake Street and Grand Avenue.
• Juan C. Bautista, 38, of the 2300 block of North Mulligan Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 11:49 p.m. Jan. 31 with DUI of alcohol, speeding, improper lane use and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Lake and York streets.
• Ulysses Benitez, 25, of the 100 block of East Lorraine Avenue, Addison, was charged at 1:48 a.m. Feb. 3 with aggravated DUI of alcohol, driving while license revoked and open alcohol at North and Emroy avenues.
• An incident of identity theft was reported at 5:07 p.m. Jan. 31 as having occurred between 12:01 a.m. June 27, 2017, and 1 a.m. July 1, 2017, in the 100 block of East May Street.
• An incident of identity theft was reported at 7:34 a.m. Feb. 1 as having occurred at noon Jan. 31 in the 100 block of Adelaide Street.
Dion D. Howard, 42, of the 100 block of West St. Charles Road, Lombard, was cited at 3:26 a.m. Jan. 26 with unlawful possession of marijuana in the 300 block of East Van Buren Street.
• A BB from a BB gun reportedly damaged a window of a house between 7 and 8 p.m. Jan. 25 in the 600 block of South Hillside Avenue.
• Graffiti reportedly was marked on a concrete/brick wall leading to the loading dock between 5:30 p.m. Jan. 26 and 7:55 a.m. Jan. 29 at Terminix, 655 W. Grand Ave.
• A incident of property damage to a hospital phone and pull-out board reportedly occurred at 8 p.m. Jan. 30 at Elmhurst Hospital, 155 E. Brush Hill Road.
• Pry marks on the entry door to a basement apartment reportedly were made and a lock plate reportedly was loosened between midnight Jan. 11 and 11 p.m. Jan. 24 in the 300 block of North York Street.
• An incident involving suspicious circumstances was reported at 12:30 p.m. Feb. 1 in the 500 block of South Hampshire Avenue.
An incident involving a suspicious person was reported at 1:18 a.m. Jan. 29 in the 400 block of North Addison Avenue.
• Three bottles of Johnnie Walker Red Label reportedly were stolen between 1:18 and 1:28 p.m. Jan. 25 at Jewel-Osco, 944 S. York St. The two suspects reportedly returned to the store to attempt to steal more alcohol but placed the merchandise on the floor and left the store at 5:46 p.m. Jan. 25.
• Gas reportedly was stolen at 2:30 p.m. Jan. 28 from Thornton's, 476 N. York St.
• An American flag and a wooden flag pole reportedly were stolen between 3 p.m. Jan. 30 and 7:45 a.m. Jan. 31 from a flag holder mounted on the front of a house in the 200 block of North Myrtle Avenue.
• A retail theft reportedly occurred at 8:06 p.m. Jan. 31 at Party City, 209 S. Route 83.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a Jeep between 10:30 p.m. Jan. 30 and 10 a.m. Jan. 31 in the 900 block of South Bryan Street.
• An iPhone X cellphone and an iPhone 8 Plus cellphone reportedly were stolen at 6:53 p.m. Feb. 2 at Verizon Wireless, 560 W. St. Charles Road.
• A Samsung Galaxy S8 reportedly was stolen between 4:30 and 5 p.m. Feb. 2 at Verizon Wireless, 560 W. St. Charles Road.
• A package was reported stolen at 2:46 p.m. Jan. 30 at Junan Express, 655 W. Grand Ave., Suite 360.
• Isabella M. Hernandez, 18, of the 3000 block of Marshall Road, Highland Park, was charged at 9:56 a.m. Jan. 27 with driving while license suspended, disobeying a traffic control device and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North and Clinton avenues.
• Deshae Moore, 25, of the 200 block of Fenwood Lane, Hillside, was charged at 5:11 p.m. Jan. 29 with driving while license suspended, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and disobeying a traffic control signal at Marion Street and South Kenmore Avenue.
• David F. Orozco, 46, of the 1500 block of Trenton Lane, Bartlett, was charged at 12:09 a.m. Jan. 30 with speeding and driving while license suspended at York Street and Gladys Avenue.
• Eileen Soverino, 54, of the 2500 block of North 74th Avenue, Elmwood Park, was charged at 10:40 a.m. Jan. 30 with operating an uninsured motor vehicle, driving while license suspended and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at North Avenue and Indiana Street.
• Adrian F. Cebular, 19, of the 100 block of Norton Drive, Bloomingdale, was charged at 7:58 p.m. Jan. 31 with leaving the scene of an accident and disobeying a traffic device at North Avenue and York Street.
• Ana A. Correa, 22, of the 800 block of Burr Oaks Drive, West Chicago, was charged at 11:41 p.m. Feb. 1 with tinted windows and driving while license suspended at North and Highland avenues.
• William Hudson, 48, of the 400 block of George Street, Wood Dale, was charged at 1:33 a.m. Feb. 3 with no valid driver's license and improper lane use at St. Charles Road and Villa Avenue.
Unlawful visitation interference
Mayra F. Carreon, 39, of the 300 block of East St. Charles Road, was cited at 4:35 p.m. Jan. 26 with unlawful visitation interference at the Elmhurst Police Department, 125 E. First St.
• Jonathan Sanchez, 23, of the 1600 block of A Avenue, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, was arrested at 2:29 a.m. Jan. 27 on a warrant out of Linn County in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, and charged with fugitive from justice in the 500 block of West North Avenue.
• Cheryl M. Campion, 48, of the 5600 block of St. Charles Road, Berkeley, was arrested at 3:22 p.m. Feb. 1 on a warrant out of DuPage County at the Elmhurst Police Department, 125 E. First St.