BERWYN – Berwyn's quest to find its best chicken wings continues with round two of Berwyn’s Best Chicken Wings Contest.
The second round includes both a public poll and a single taste-test event by a group of local judges to compare each wing selection side by side. Their scores and the poll will determine the wings that can proclaim to be “Berwyn’s Best.”
The poll will be available through 5 p.m. Feb. 5 at bit.ly/BerwynsBestWings18round2.
The first round of the contest included 10 Berwyn establishments with chicken wings on their menus. A public poll narrowed those 10 down to five.
The top five establishments that received the most votes identified their favorite wings for the second round of voting. The selections are:
• Cigars and Stripes BBQ Lounge, 6715 W. Ogden Ave., smoked wings: Wings are hand cut, rubbed and smoked. All wings come naked; customers sauce them. Wings are served with corn salsa and garlic bread. Customers can choose blue cheese or ranch on the side.
• Lavergne's Tavern, 6546 W. Windsor Ave., sriracha-honey sauce wings: Wings are tossed in sriracha-honey sauce and served with carrots and celery. Customers can choose blue cheese or ranch on the side.
• Paisans Pizzeria & Bar, 6226 W. Ogden Ave., Pete’s traditional wings with dragon sauce: Wings are tossed in dragon sauce and served with carrots, celery and ranch.
• Waldo Cooney's Pizza, 6733 W. Cermak Road, hot wings: Wings are tossed in hot sauce and served with a side of ranch dressing.
• Wing Boss, 6625 W. Roosevelt Road, mild sauce wings: Wings are tossed in mild sauce and served with customers' choice of ranch, blue cheese, honey mustard or hot cheddar.
For more information on the contest, which is managed by the Berwyn Development Corp., visit whyberwyn.com/shop-berwyn/berwyns-best-contest.