Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• An attempted commercial burglary reportedly occurred between 5:24 and 5:55 a.m. Jan. 14 at C E Rentals, Inc., 1021 S. Route 83.
• An attempted burglary reportedly occurred between 4:30 p.m. Jan. 12 and 12:30 p.m. Jan. 15 in the 400 block of North Maple Avenue. The frame of the back door of the residence and some of the wood surrounding the door reportedly was damaged, but no entry was gained.
An incident of attempted theft by deception was reported at 10:28 a.m. Jan. 15 as having occurred at 5 p.m. Jan. 13 at Elmhurst BMW, 466 W. Lake St. The suspect reportedly attempted to purchase a vehicle using false identification.
• A Chase Visa card reportedly was stolen between 1 and 2 p.m. Jan. 9 from a locked gym locker at L.A. Fitness, 620 N. York St.
• Water faucets for all sinks in a science classroom were turned on between 2 p.m. Jan. 6 and 8:50 a.m. Jan. 7 at Sandburg Middle School, 345 E. St. Charles Road.
• A Home Depot rigid chop saw and an orange DeWalt hammer drill with drill bits reportedly were stolen between 6 p.m. Jan. 9 and 7 a.m. Jan. 10 from a construction storage trailer in the 900 block of North York Road. The lock to the trailer's side door reportedly was cut.
• A burglary reportedly occurred between 6:15 and 8:29 p.m. Jan. 12 in the 700 block of North Eastland Street.
• A burglary reportedly occurred between 2:30 and 10:55 p.m. Jan. 13 in the 200 block of Maple Avenue.
Controlled substance possession
• Myles Douglas Anderson, 22, of the 400 block of Warrenville Road, Lisle, was charged at 2:27 a.m. Jan. 1 with possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence of alcohol, failure to signal when required and driving on the shoulder at Roosevelt and York roads.
• Brittany Battaglia, 28, of the zero to 100 block of Founders Pointe North, Bloomingdale, was charged at 3:06 a.m. Jan. 13 with possession of a controlled substance, DUI of alcohol, improper lane use, speeding and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Interstate 290 and St. Charles Road.
• Kyle Perrone, 22, of the 100 block of West St. Charles Road, Elmhurst, was cited at 3:31 a.m. Jan. 6 with disorderly conduct in the 400 block of South Parkside Avenue.
• Tristan S. Clanton, 32, of the 500 block of Eastern Avenue, Bellwood, was charged at 10:05 a.m. Jan. 8 with disorderly conduct in the 100 block of East Lake Street.
• Brian Reedy, 46, of the 1000 block of South York Street, Bensenville, was charged at 5:21 p.m. Jan. 9 with disorderly conduct at Whole Foods, 215 S. Route 83.
Brandon Tuttle, 30, of the 400 block of North West Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 7:10 p.m. Jan. 10 with dog-at-large in the 400 block of North West Avenue.
• Tiffany Potthast, 25, of the 500 block of West St. Charles Road, Elmhurst, was charged at 12:12 a.m. Jan. 6 with domestic battery in the 500 block of West St. Charles Road.
• Vernell Kelly, 42, of the 1400 block of South Parnell Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 12:47 a.m. Jan. 7 with domestic battery in the 100 block of East Lake Street.
• Arthur Gniztczyk, 20, of the 200 block of North Maison Court, Elmhurst, was charged at 12:14 p.m. Jan. 16 with domestic battery in the 200 block of North Maison Court.
• Steven J. Molinari, 42, of the 300 block of Alston Drive, Orlando, Fla., was charged at 4:32 a.m. Jan. 6 with driving while license suspended, failure to reduce speed/accident, illegal transportation of alcohol, DUI of alcohol, leaving the scene of an accident and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North Avenue and York Street.
• Cesar Tlacualtl-Mendoza, 35, of the 1300 block of South 59th Avenue, Cicero, was charged at 7:17 p.m. Jan. 8 with leaving the scene of an accident, improper lane use, driving without lights when required, driving while license suspended and felony DUI of alcohol at York and Vallette streets.
• Peter Tarasiewicz, 46, of the 700 block of North Adele Street, Elmhurst, was charged at 12:21 a.m. Jan. 7 with DUI of alcohol, improper turn at intersection, expired driver's license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Adele Street and Belden Avenue.
• Oliver Boryszewski, 25, of the 2300 block of Asbury Road, Northbrook, was charged at 12:45 a.m. Jan. 10 with DUI of alcohol and improper lane use at North Avenue and York Street.
• Jeanette Murphy, 51, of the 13100 block of Meadow Hill Lane, Lemont, was charged at 9:19 p.m. Jan. 12 with DUI of alcohol at Quincy and York streets.
• Christopher Dumitrescu, 28, of the 700 block of North Adele Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 1:24 a.m. Jan. 13 with DUI of alcohol, improper lane use, speeding and unlawful possession of marijuana at North Avenue and York Road.
• Joseph Senase, 40, of the 2400 block of South Oak Park Avenue, Berwyn, was charged at 2:36 p.m. Jan. 19 with DUI of alcohol, unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 500 block of East Butterfield Road.
An incident involving electronic communication harassment was reported at 8:50 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 400 block of South Argyle Avenue.
• An incident involving forgery was reported at 2:59 p.m. Jan. 5 in the 400 block of South Argyle Avenue.
• An incident involving forgery was reported at 3:36 p.m. Jan. 9 in the 200 block of East First Street.
• An incident involving identity theft was reported at 8:32 a.m. Jan. 10 in the 200 block of Monterey Avenue.
• An incident involving identity theft was reported at 11:57 a.m. Jan. 15 in the 700 block of Kilarney Court. The victim was contacted by a man who claimed to work for an Apple-contracted software company, and she provided him her credit card number in order to fix a problem with her phone. The victim realized it was a scam and canceled her credit card before any suspicious activity occurred.
• An incident involving identity theft was reported at 3:17 p.m. Jan. 15 as having occurred at noon Oct. 31, 2017, in the 300 block of West Utley Road. The victim noticed an unauthorized charge on his Citibank credit card at Louis Vuitton and notified his credit card company, which reimbursed his credit card account.
• Kyle Conway, 23, of the 1300 block of West Lincoln Highway, DeKalb, was charged at 3:58 p.m. Jan. 8 with unlawful possession of marijuana at York Street and Crestview Avenue.
• Theron Riddle, 40, of the 5400 block of West Van Buren Street, Chicago, was cited at 12:53 a.m. Jan. 11 with unlawful possession of marijuana at North and Villa avenues. Lovie Harris Jr., 34, of the 900 block of South Hermitage Avenue, Chicago, was cited at the same time and date with unlawful possession of marijuana, no registration and no rear registration plate light at the same location.
• Mario Reyes, 24, of the 500 block of Des Plaines Avenue, Forest Park, was cited at 9:46 p.m. Jan. 13 with unlawful possession of marijuana in the 900 block of Virginia Lane.
Order of protection
• An order of protection was served at 4:38 p.m. Jan. 5 in the 100 block of Fellows Court.
• An order of protection was served at 11:48 a.m. Jan. 6 in the 800 block of North York Street.
An incident involving suspicious circumstances was reported at 7:17 p.m. Jan. 8 in the 200 block of South Pick Avenue.
• A white nativity statue of Jesus reportedly was stolen between 5 and 11 p.m.Jan. 2 from the front lawn of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 134 Arthur St.
• James J. Ross, 52, of the 700 block of South Stuart Avenue, was charged at 2:05 p.m. Jan. 5 with retail theft at Mariano's, 678 N. York St.
• An iPhone X reportedly was stolen at 2:10 p.m. Jan. 8 at T-Mobile, 361 S. Route 83.
• Piotr Grabowiecki, 32, of the 5000 block of North Nottingham Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 9:26 p.m. Jan. 8 with theft at Doc's Victory Pub, 490 S. Spring Road.
• A 32-ounce bottle of herbal class detox reportedly was stolen at 1:32 p.m. Jan. 9 at GNC, 203 E. Butterfield Road.
• A black wallet containing an Illinois driver's license, three credit cards and cash reportedly was stolen at 12:17 p.m. Jan. 14 from a purse in the parking lot at Goodwill, 675 W. North Ave.
• Utility pole batteries reportedly were stolen from a power cabinet mounted to a utility pole about 20 feet off the ground at Comcast, 155 Industrial Drive.
• Jesse Terrell Body, 47, of the 2200 block of Carmel Avenue, Zion, was charged at 11:23 a.m. Jan. 16 with felony retail theft at Jewel-Osco, 153 E. Schiller St.
• Jonathan Carvell, 20, of the 1000 block of Lincoln Highway, DeKalb, was charged at 6:20 p.m. Jan. 9 with driving while license suspended and driving too fast for conditions at Roosevelt Road and Prospect Avenue.
• Santos Lopez, 38, of the zero to 100 block of King Arthur Court, Northlake, was cited at 1:43 p.m. Jan. 12 with no valid driver's license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, disobeying a stop light and leaving the scene of an accident at Grand Avenue and Industrial Drive.
• Jake Fejes, 19, of the 100 block of Fairview Avenue, Elmhurst, and Brian T. Cahill, 20, of the 100 block of South West Avenue, Elmhurst, were charged at 1:08 a.m. Jan. 12 with consumption of alcohol by a minor at St. Charles Road and York Street.
• Melissa Guerrero, 18, of the 900 block of Garfield Avenue, Peotone, and Amanda Pridmore, 19, of the 100 block of South Kenilworth Avenue, Oak Park, were cited at 2:11 a.m. Jan. 13 with consumption of alcohol by a minor at Elmhurst College, 190 S. Prospect Ave.
Unlawful visitation interference
Scott R. Kozielec, 29, of the 100 block of South Monterey Avenue, Elmhurst, was charged at 6 p.m. Jan. 14 with unlawful visitation interference at the Elmhurst Police Department, 125 E. First St.
• John C. Martinez, 33, of the 1400 block of Evers Avenue, Westchester, was arrested at 1:32 p.m. Jan. 5 on a warrant out of DuPage County and charged with driving while license suspended and expired registration at Route 83 and Second Street.
• Angela Mort, 39, of the 1100 block of David Drive, Bensenville, was arrested at 2:18 p.m. Jan. 11 on a warrant out of Cook County at Jewel-Osco, 153 E. Schiller St.