Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
A juvenile was charged at 12:08 p.m. Dec. 8 with battery at Churchville Middle School, 155 Victory Pkwy.
Controlled substance posession
• Robert T. Ptak Jr., 44, of the 700 block of Yates Avenue, Romeoville, was charged at 10:36 a.m. Dec. 7 with possession of a controlled substance, speeding and resisting arrest at York Road and Belden Avenue.
• Xavier Hernandez, 39, of the 200 block of North Central Avenue, Wood Dale, was charged at 4:38 p.m. Dec. 7 with possession of a controlled substance, illegal possession of syringes, unlawful display of registration and no insurance at Interstate 290 and York Road.
• Robert Reeves, 41, of the 2500 block of Ogden Avenue, Downers Grove, was arrested at 1:55 a.m. Dec. 7 on a warrant out of Kane County and charged with possession of methamphetamine, expired registration and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North Avenue and Shady Lane.
• Alcohol reportedly was stolen at 11:02 a.m. Dec. 2 at Jewel-Osco, 944 S. York St.
• A black Coach purse reportedly was stolen between 5:45 and 6 p.m. Dec. 2 from a shopper at Avenue, 187 S. Route 83.
• A black duffel bag reportedly was stolen between 6:30 and 8:15 p.m. Dec. 2 off of a locked bicycle outside Elmhurst Presbyterian Church, 367 S. Spring Road.
• William J. Karson, 28, of the 2300 block of North Mannheim Road, Melrose Park, was charged at 2:15 p.m. Dec. 3 with felony retail theft at Jewel-Osco, 153 E. Schiller St. Lisa J. Karson, 33, of the 2300 block of North Mannheim Road, Melrose Park, was charged at the same time and date with retail theft at the same location.
• Two tires and wheels reportedly were stolen between 6 p.m. Dec. 2 and 8:14 a.m. Dec. 4 from a new truck at Larry Roesch Chrysler, 200 W. Grand Ave.
• A car's license plate was reported as lost or stolen at 10 a.m. Dec. 8 in the 600 block of West Mary Court.
• Vodka and whiskey reportedly were stolen between 7:50 and 7:56 p.m. Dec. 8 at Mariano's, 678 N. York Road.
• A rental contract for a truck was terminated Nov. 28 after it wasn't paid by the offender in the 800 block of North York Street.
• An incident of theft by deception involving the cashing of a personal check for a Chicago Sun-Times subscription reportedly occurred at 12:45 p.m. Dec. 8 in the 400 block of West Alma Street.
• Jason Cook, 35, of the 100 block of East Briarwood Drive, Streamwood, was charged at 2:14 a.m. Dec. 3 with driving under the influence of alcohol and driving without headlights at Grand Avenue and York Road.
• Cristian James Marsico, 25, of the 12000 block of Hathaway Drive, Fort Worth, Texas, was charged at 2:19 a.m. Dec. 3 with DUI of alcohol, improper lane use and trespassing on railroad property at the Union Pacific Railroad tracks and Larch Avenue.
• Carlos Vales-Sepulveda, 46, of the 100 block of North Avon Road, Elmhurst, was charged at 12:14 a.m. Dec. 9 with DUI of alcohol, no insurance, improper lane use and failure to signal at St. Charles and York roads.
• An incident of identity theft was reported at 7:29 p.m. Dec. 2 in the 400 block of South Cottage Hill Avenue as having occurred between 12:01 a.m. Nov. 12 and 12:01 a.m. Nov. 13.
• An incident of identity theft was reported at 1:58 p.m. Dec. 8 in the 100 block of North Larch Avenue as having occurred at 9 a.m. Nov. 29.
Mario Flores, 23, of the zero to 100 block of North Wisconsin Avenue, Villa Park, was arrested at 9:22 p.m. Dec. 8 on a warrant out of DuPage County and charged with speeding and driving while license suspended at West Second Street and North Addison Avenue.
An attempted burglary was reported at1:06 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 500 block of Fairview Avenue.
A window pane reportedly was shot with a BB gun at 9:20 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 300 block of Addison Avenue.