[Eric Schelkopf - firstname.lastname@example.org]
Upon arrival, fire crews identified a fire in a storage/furnace room on the building's north side, the release stated. The fire was brought under control within minutes, according to the release.
The city of Wheaton leases the building from Metra. After conducting a fire investigation, the Wheaton Fire Department said the fire appears to have been related to a malfunctioning heater unit, the release stated.
Fire officials said it is unknown exactly how the unit started the fire – whether it was an electrical malfunction or an overheated motor – but it was identified as a contributing factor.