Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
Controlled substance possession
Michael A. Cokinis, 41, of the 700 block of North Gary Avenue, Carol Stream, was charged at 1:20 a.m. Nov. 14 with possession of controlled substance at Ogden Avenue and Vernard Road.
• A pair of eyeglasses reportedly was stolen between 10 p.m. Nov. 10 and 6:30 a.m. Nov. 11 from a car in the 7300 block of Grand Avenue.
• A wallet reportedly was stolen between 11 p.m. Nov. 10 and 6 a.m. Nov. 11 from a car in the 400 block of 74th Street.
• Prescription bottles reportedly were stolen between 5 p.m. Nov. 7 and 5 p.m. Nov. 8 from a car in the 1100 block of Candlewood Court.
• A cellphone and wallet reportedly were stolen between 5:45 and 7 p.m. Nov. 11 from a locker at XSport Fitness, 3200 Finley Road.
• Lanesha Lana Williams, 21, of the 21W500 block of North Avenue, Lombard, and Jessica A. Mueller, 24, of the 2100 block of University Drive, Naperville, were charged at 7:28 p.m. Nov. 11 with retail theft at TJ Maxx, 7349 Lemont Road.
• Jonathan J. Bowie, 25, of the 1000 block of South Lorraine Road, Wheaton, was charged at 8:40 p.m. Nov. 10 with retail theft at Fry’s Electronics, 3300 Finley Road.
• Denise Fernandez, 25, of the 16300 block of Terrace Court, Orland Hills, was charged at 3:50 p.m. Nov. 12 with retail theft at T.J. Maxx, 7349 Lemont Road.
A car tire reportedly was slashed between 9:46 a.m. Nov. 7 and 9 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 700 block of Maple Avenue.