Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
A domestic battery was reported at 1:02 a.m. Aug. 6 in the 200 block of East Butterfield Road.
An attempted residential burglary reportedly occurred at 8:53 a.m. Aug. 10 in the 400 block of Mitchell Avenue. The front door window pane was shattered, and an allen wrench and screwdriver belonging to a neighbor were found in the driveway. The items reportedly were stolen from a tool bag in the neighbor's garage.
• A cellphone reportedly was stolen between 6 and 6:46 p.m. Aug. 6 from Mack's Golden Pheasant, 668 W. North Ave.
• A black Eastern Reaper bicycle reportedly was stolen between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. Aug. 8 from the bike rack at York Community High School, 355 W. St. Charles Road.
• A black Trek Marlin 5 mountain bike was reported stolen at 11:23 a.m. Aug. 10 from the bike rack outside of Walgreens, 140 N. Palmer Drive.
Iris Gatewood, 33, of the 1500 block of Fairway Drive, Naperville, was charged at 2:47 a.m. Aug. 10 with operating an uninsured motor vehicle, operating a motor vehicle when registration suspended for mandatory insurance, disobeying a traffic control device, transportation of open alcohol, unlawful possession of marijuana and driving under the influence of alcohol at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• Tavares Edwards, 23, of the 4100 block of West Cullerton Street, Chicago, was charged at 1:10 a.m. Aug. 6 with disobeying a traffic control device, no insurance, unlawful possession of marijuana and illegal transportation of alcohol at Shell Gas Station, 654 W. North Ave. Jkeyia Adams, 19, of the 3100 block of West Madison Street, Chicago, was charged at the same time and date with possession of alcohol by a minor and unlawful possession of marijuana at the same location.
• Shawn Everett Green, 22, of the 500 block of Harper Road SE, Atlanta, Ga., was charged 4:43 p.m. Aug. 9 with unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the parking lot of Extended Stay America, 550 W. Grand Ave. Rashad Ford, 24, of the 7200 block of Buck Creek Drive, Gairburn, Ga., and Chantez Jackson, 22, of the zero to 100 block of Park Avenue SE, Atlanta, were charged at the same time and date with unlawful possession of marijuana at the same location.
• Kristian Zendejas, 19, of the 300 block of Hawthorne Lane, Des Plaines, was charged at 2:25 a.m. Aug. 10 with unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia in the 500 block of North Indiana Street. A juvenile also was involved in the incident.
Two subjects reportedly tricked a cashier into giving them more change than they were owed at 4:55 p.m. Aug. 6 at 1015 S. York St.
• An incident involving fraud was reported at 1:08 p.m. Aug. 8 as having occured at 3 p.m. July 28 in the 400 block of West Butterfield Road.
• An incident involving fraud was reported at 8:23 p.m. Aug. 9 as having occured between 1 a.m. July 28 and 1 p.m. Aug. 9 in the 300 block of North Addison Avenue.
• An incident involving fraud was reported at 8:23 p.m. Aug. 9 as having occured between 12:01 and 3:14 p.m. Aug. 8 in the 500 block of North Michigan Avenue.
• An incident involving identity theft was reported at 4:16 p.m. Aug. 10 as having occurred between noon April 3 and 12:01 a.m. July 24 in the 100 block of West Butterfield Road.