Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
A battery was reported at 3 p.m. Aug. 1 at Mitchell Avenue and Prairie Path Lane.
• An unknown item was reported stolen at 10:25 a.m. Aug. 2 from a work van parked on the street in front of a residence in the 600 block of West Crockett Avenue.
• Two iPods and one Garmin GPS unit reportedly were stolen between 8 p.m. Aug. 3 and 10:50 a.m. Aug. 4 from a rental vehicle in the parking lot at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott Elmhurst/Oak Brook Area, 410 W. Lake St.
Controlled substance possession
Karen Marshall, 39, of the zero to 100 block of South Chase Avenue, Lombard,was charged at 12:42 a.m. Aug. 4 with felony possession of a controlled substance, operating an uninsured motor vehicle, driving while license suspended and improper lane use at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• Jose Herrera, 19, of the 5100 block of West Wrightwood Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 6:53 p.m. Aug. 3 with consumption of alcohol by a minor, minor operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content greater than zero and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at Butterfield Road and Commonwealth Lane.
• Eduardo Gutierrez, 30, of the 13800 block of South Mallard Drive, Plainfield, was charged at 1:16 a.m. Aug. 5 with driving under the influence of alcoholand improper lane use at York Street and Crestview Avenue.
• Andrzej Kocoj, 51, of the 900 block of East Old Willow Road, Prospect Heights, was charged at 12:53 a.m. Aug. 6 with DUI of alcohol and driving in the wrong lane at St. Charles Road and Route 83.
• Keys reportedly were stolen between 4:30 and 8:30 p.m. Aug. 2 from outside a home in the 100 block of South Elm Tree Lane.
• Melissa Altobelli, 40, of the 3500 block of North Ozark Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 9:40 p.m. Aug. 2with retail theft at Kohl's, 303 S. Route 83.
• Tony Martin, 53, of the 200 block of Prospect Avenue, Wood Dale, and Otha Lamont McClendon, 51, of the 900 block of North Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, each were charged at 6:18 p.m. Aug. 4 with felony retail theft at Mariano's, 678 N. York St.
• A fraudulent check was reported at 2:45 p.m. Aug. 4 at Wintrust Community Bank's Suburban Bank & Trust, 150 E. Butterfield Road.
• An incident of identity theft was reported at 2:20 p.m. Aug. 5 in the 400 block of North Highview Avenue. Five Apple 7 Plus iPhones were reportedly fraudulently purchased at 2:44 p.m. June 28 at a Sprint store in Tennessee.
Possession of weapon by felon
Rocio Garza, 28, of the 100 block of West Van Buren Street, Elmhurst, was charged at 9:10 p.m. Aug. 4 with felony possession of a weapon by a felon, driving while license revoked and failure to signal in the 100 block of West Van Buren Street.
• A juvenile was charged at 3:44 a.m. Aug. 3 with violation of curfew and speeding at North Avenue and York Street. A second juvenile was charged at the same time and date with violation of curfew and unlawful possession of marijuana at the same location. A third juvenile was charged at the same time and same date with violation of curfew at the same location.
• Katiki Lipscomb, 20, of the 7300 block of Tennessee Drive, Willowbrook, was charged at 1:25 a.m. Aug. 5 with unlawful possession of marijuana with intent to deliver, driving with one headlight, driving while license suspended and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Roosevelt Road and York Street.
Three suspicious people were reported at 9:13 a.m. Aug. 2 at CorePower Yoga, 183 N. York St.
Drug paraphernalia possession
Joseph Muschio, 35, of the 1000 block of South York Road, Bensenville, was charged at 2:32 p.m. Aug. 5 with driving while license suspended, improper parking on a roadway and possession of drug paraphernalia (marijuana-related) at York Street and Park Avenue.
• Austin Fritch, 20, of the 1200 block of Cambria Drive, Schaumburg, was charged at 2:50 p.m. Aug. 2 with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
• Waled Alghamid, 24, of the 6500 block of Maplebrook Lane, Flint, Mich., was charged at 4:52 p.m. Aug. 4 with speeding, no valid driver's license and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at York Street and Interstate 290.
• Jeremy Donarski, 37, of the 38400 block of North Wilson Avenue, Beach Park, was charged at 1:33 a.m. Aug. 5 with driving while license revoked, expired registration and improper lane use at Route 83 and Union Pacific Railroad.
A blue and white Diamondback Cobra boy's bicycle reportedly was found lying in the grass at 8 a.m. Aug. 3 near East Parkand South Lawndale avenues.