Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• Gybran Payan-Carrete, 23, of the 900 block of East Crockett Avenue, Addison, was charged at 2:58 p.m. July 29 with battery at Route 83 and North Avenue.
• A domestic battery was reported at 11:41 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 200 block of East Wilson Street.
A $20 bill and a basketball reportedly were stolen between 11:15 p.m. July 31 and 6:23 a.m. Aug. 1 from a locked vehicle that had a driver's side window reportedly smashed out in the 600 block of South Berkley Avenue.
Controlled substance possession
• Adarelis Guijarro-Salgado, 20, of the 7500 block of Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, was charged at 4:03 p.m. July 29 with improper display of registration, no valid driver's license, no insurance and possession of a controlled substance at Route 83 and North Avenue. Irvin Negrete, 21, of the 7500 block of Elmhurst Road, Des Plaines, was charged at the same time and date with unlawful possession of marijuana at the same location.
• Timothy Erne, 42, of the 100 block of South Chestnut Drive, Streamwood, was charged at 11:33 p.m. July 26 with possession of a controlled substance, aggravated DUI of alcohol, aggravated driving while license revoked, unlawful use of a weapon, obstructing a peace officer, revoked registration and improper use of registration at York Street and Crestview Avenue.
• Martin Lopez-Garcia, 33, of Seventh Avenue, Arlington Heights, was charged at 4:07 a.m. July 29 with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane use and illegal transportation of alcohol at Lake Street and Grand Avenue.
• Juarez Goodrich, 60, of the 600 block of Country Road 2050, Crockett, Texas, was charged at 2:16 a.m. July 30 with DUI of alcohol and illegal transportation of open alcohol at St. Charles Road and Fair Avenue.
• Marko Gvozdenovic, 36, of the 7800 block of Ogden Avenue, Lyons, was charged at 3:23 a.m. July 31 with DUI of alcohol in the 100 block of South York Street.
• James Lapinski, 49, of the 200 block of Timberview Road, Oak Brook, was charged at 12:20 a.m. Aug. 2 with DUI of alcohol, improper lane use and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at York Street and Cayuga Avenue.
Possession of stolen vehicle
Jeffery Barnes Jr., 20, of the 5300 block of South Justine Street, Chicago, was charged at 8:20 p.m. July 30 with possession of a stolen vehicle, no valid driver's license and disobeying a traffic control device in the 100 block of East Schiller Street. Chalonda Kelly, 20, of the 1700 block of West 56th Street, Chicago, was arrested at the same time and date on a warrant out of DuPage County and charged with possession of a stolen vehicle and retail theft at the same location. Alexis Kelly, 34, of the 5100 block of South Wabash Avenue, Chicago, was charged at the same time and date with retail theft at the same location. Sameria Stokes, 18, of the 7000 block of South Vermon Avenue, Chicago, was charged at the same time and date with retail theft and criminal trespass to vehicle at the same location.
• Incidents involving fraud were reported at 6 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 100 block of North Evergreen Avenue.
• A Social Security number fraudently was used between Jan. 7 and 1:15 p.m. July 27 to open an account in the 200 block of West St. Charles Road.
Donna Kegler, 55, of the 15W400 block of Victory Parkway, Elmhurst, was charged at 9:17 a.m. July 30 with disorderly conduct at Willow Street and Columbia Avenue.
Alexus Marie Gomez, 24, of the 3900 block of West 62nd Place, Chicago, was charged at 8:56 a.m. Aug. 1 with speeding, unlawful possession of less than 10 grams of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at St. Charles Road and Fair Avenue.
Unlawful use of weapon
Armani Thompson, 23, of the 1600 block of South Fourth Avenue, Maywood, was charged at 2:06 a.m. July 30 with unlawful use of weapon and failure to signal at Route 83 and St. Charles Road.
Jonas Crowell, 28, of the 800 block of North Laramie Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 5:54 p.m. Aug. 1 with soliciting without a permit in the 200 block of East Church Street.
• Desiree Ducksworth, 20, of the 500 block of James Court, Glendale Heights, was charged at 12:19 a.m. July 31 with driving while license suspended and no registration plate light at North and West avenues.
• Joseph J. Banbury, 19, of the 2400 block of Emily Lane, Elgin, was charged at 2:01 p.m. July 31 with disobeying a traffic control device at Grand Avenue and Church Street. Frank Eyeson, 54, of the 1300 block of Fargo Avenue, Des Plaines, was charged at the same time and date with operating an uninsured motor vehicle at the same location.
• Davoud Rouei, 34, of the 9000 block of North Lamon Avenue, Skokie, was charged at 4:01 p.m. July 31 with speeding 35 miles per hour or more over the posted speed limit, violation of driver's license classification – motorcycle and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North Avenue and Indiana Street.
• Derrick Branch, 48, of the 1700 block of 76th Avenue, Elmwood Park, was charged at 12:40 a.m. Aug. 1 with expired registration, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and driving while license suspended in the 500 block of West North Avenue.
A police officer found an abandoned, unlocked bicycle with two flat tires at 12:26 p.m. July 30 in the 100 block of Addison Avenue.