Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
Two industrial heaters reportedly were stolen between 6:30 p.m. July 27 and 7:30 a.m. July 28 from a business in the 1200 block of Butterfield Road.
• A backpack containing a computer and checkbook reportedly was stolen between 7 p.m. July 30 and 7 a.m. July 31 from a car in the 600 block of 61st Street.
• Cash totaling $210 and two $50 gift cards reportedly were stolen between 10 p.m. Aug. 1 and 6 a.m. Aug. 2 from a car parked in the 2100 block of Oxnard Avenue.
• Two bicycles reportedly were stolen between 6 and 7 p.m. July 26 from the 1200 block of 75th Street.
• A parked car reportedly was stolen between 10:30 p.m. July 30 and 12:30 a.m. July 31 in the 1100 block of 61st Street.
• A limousine reportedly was stolen between 2 a.m. July 30 and 10:30 a.m. July 31 in the 900 block of Clyde Avenue.
A car reportedly was broken into between 7:30 p.m. July 31 and 9 a.m. Aug. 1 while parked in the 600 block of Prairie Avenue.
Frank P. Schmalz, 55, of the 400 block of West 61st Street, Westmont, was charged at 8:37 p.m. Aug. 3 with battery in the 400 block of East 61st Street.
• A television reportedly was stolen between midnight and 1:06 p.m. July 31 from a garage in the 300 block of East Richmond Street.
• A toolbox and tools reportedly were stolen between 7:30 p.m. July 31 and 8:15 a.m. Aug. 1 from a car parked in the 100 block of West Quincy Street.
• A purse and two credit cards reportedly were stolen between noon and 1:45 p.m. July 31 from a car in the 400 block of North Grant Street.
• An envelope containing $200 in cash reportedly was stolen between 12:30 and 4 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 1400 block of Schramm Drive.
• Sunglasses and a checkbook reportedly were stolen between 8:30 p.m. Aug. 1 and 7:15 a.m. Aug. 2 from a car in the 600 block of Oakwood Drive.
A mountain bike reportedly was stolen between 4:50 and 10:10 p.m. Aug. 2 in the 100 block of West 63rd Street.
Scott E. Folkes, 44, of the 200 block of Tee Lane, Bloomingdale, was charged at 12:58 a.m. Aug. 2 with driving under the influence of alcohol, following too closely, improper lane use and illegal transportation of alcohol in the 400 block of East Ogden Avenue.
• A car reportedly was damaged between 2 and 3 p.m. July 31 while parked in the 100 block of East Chicago Avenue.
• A windshield reportedly was damaged between 3 and 3:13 p.m. Aug. 2 while the car was parked in the 1100 block of Oakley Drive.
A car reportedly was broken into between 8 p.m. July 30 and 10 a.m. July 31 while parked in the 500 block of Brookside Avenue.
• Chasity Boerum, 29, of the 300 block of West Ogden Avenue, Naperville, was charged at 10:47 p.m. Aug. 3 with driving on a suspended license and speeding in the zero to 100 block of West Ogden Avenue.
• Luis C. Duarte, 25, of the 8300 block of 45th Street, Lyons, was charged at 4:27 p.m. Aug. 6 with driving on a revoked license and speeding in the zero to 100 block of West Ogden Avenue.