Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
Michelle Dzierwa, 36, of the 400 block of West Vallette Street, Elmhurst, was charged at 4:45 p.m. April 18 with domestic battery in the 400 block of West Vallette Street.
A burglary reportedly occurred between 5 and 9 p.m. April 18 at Tire Tracks, 524 W. Grand Ave. The front door to the store was broken, and an empty cash drawer was located behind the store's counter.
• Two wedding rings reportedly were stolen between noon and 9:46 p.m. March 29 from a bathroom medicine cabinet of a house in the 300 block of North River Glen Avenue.
• Daniel Jasch, 32, and Teresa Klein, 25, both of the 15W600 block of Diversey Avenue near Elmhurst, were charged at 11:31 p.m. April 17 with felony retail theft and possession of drug paraphernalia at Thorntons gas station, 476 N. York St.
• A catalytic converter reportedly was stolen from a company vehicle between 12:20 p.m. April 5 and 8:30 a.m. April 17 at Lens Ace Hardware, 145 E. First St.
• Raisa Nelson, 55, of the 1300 block of Fargo Avenue, Des Plaines, was charged at 10:15 a.m. April 21 with driving under the influence of alcohol in the 500 block of West Lake Street.
• Martha Salgado, 36, of the 10500 block of Crown Road, Franklin Park, was charged at 2:50 a.m. April 22 with two counts of DUI of alcohol, illegal transportation of open alcohol, improper lane use and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North and Melrose avenues.
Diamond Dodds, 23, of the 1000 block of Winfield Avenue, Cincinnati, Ohio, was charged at 4:34 a.m. April 23 with unlawful possession of marijuana, illegal transportation of alcohol, driving on a suspended license, operating an uninsured motor vehicle and improper lane use at Route 83 and Lake Street.
• A Whole Foods company vehicle reportedly was scratched between 10 a.m. April 19 and 11 a.m. April 20 at Whole Foods, 215 S. Route 83. The gas cap also was reported loosened on the vehicle, and the fuel level was notably lower.
• The rear windshield of a car reportedly was shattered between 5 and 8:30 p.m. April 22 while it was parked in the 100 block of North Robert Palmer Drive.
Possession of open alcohol
Andrew C. Poehling, 46, of the zero to 100 block of North Dover Avenue, La Grange, was charged at 6:43 p.m. April 19 with possession of open alcohol in public in the 100 block of West First Street.
• Trumone Smith, 34, of the 1400 block of South Kolin Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 2:05 a.m. April 21 with driving with a suspended license, driving with no rear registration plate light and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at North and Clinton avenues.
• Shelby L. Richmond, 28, of the 200 block of West Morris Avenue, Lombard, was charged at 5:10 p.m. April 21 with driving with a suspended license, expired registration and operating an uninsured vehicle following an accident with another vehicle at Butterfield Road and Commonwealth Lane.
• John P. Bukowski, 66, of the 800 block of Heritage Drive, Addison, was charged at 5:08 p.m. April 21 with failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident following an accident with another car in the 100 block of South Route 83.
• Jack Cleveland, 68, of the 1400 block of South 14th Avenue, Maywood, was charged at 7:37 p.m. April 21 with driving without a valid license and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident following an accident with another car at Roosevelt and York roads.