My career is within the financial field with 17 years of financial experience at large institutions such as Goldman Sachs and UBS.
Associates Degree in Liberal Arts, Harold Washington College
Married with 3 children ages 20, 13 and 7
I am currently the President of Berwyn Little League, and have been an active board member for 10 years. I also currently volunteer with Berwyn Baseball Buddy League, which pairs buddies with special needs to peer players.
Previous elected offices held
Entering as a diligent and interested resident.
Why have you decided to run for this office?
The 6th Ward is where I have planted a foundation for my family over the past 12 years, and I want to be the voice not only for my family, but for my neighbors and their families. I want the 6th Ward to continue to thrive as a place to live for all residents. I am running for 6th Ward Alderman in unity with my community to promote and develop Berwyn to its fullest potential.
What experience and strengths would you bring to this office if elected?
As a mother in a multiracial household I have learned that there are many shades of gray. It has made me the strong, determined and dedicated person I am today. I do not work for the city nor operate a business that depends on local regulations my goal is to strictly work for and with the 6th ward residents. If elected I will work with city officials to ensure that the 6th Ward is heard. I will be the residents of the 6th Ward biggest advocate that is needed to represent all people.
What project most needs to be completed in Berwyn? How would you work to ensure the project is completed and done well?
• Budget: Work with the City Council to balance the budget, spending within our means, and fair bidding out of city contracts for value.
• Ethics: Pass a strong ethics reforms so that elected officials are not using their positions for personal gain.
• Parking: Engineering studies to improve parking conditions and consistent enforcement of parking regulations.
• Sidewalk repairs: Work with the City to improve crumbling sidewalks.
• Tree removal/replacement & quality maintenance of healthy trees: Communicate with the residents giving them notice about tree removal, and giving them the option with tree replacement.
• Recreation: Improvement and streamlining of recreation facilities.
How would you support expanding the city’s commercial and industrial tax base?
I will work with the Berwyn Development Corporation (“BDC”) on expanding and filling the vacated commercial properties in the 6th ward. Make the most of our Chamber’s resources.
What issues specific to your ward would you like to see addressed by the council?
• Spike in crime in the far east section of the 6th ward: My goal is to work/create with Berwyn Police Department, residents, and patrolling friends to foster a bond for everyone’s benefit [and] rebuild the neighborhood watch program.
• Beautification of Berwyn as a whole not North Berwyn or South Berwyn
The current political climate across the United States seems more divided than ever. What will you do to foster cooperation and compromise on the council?
I will work diligently with the city council to ensure that city hall is not a place of self-interest. I will work for the people of Berwyn together in unity being mindful of all parties involved.