JOHNSBURG – Fire officials are investigating what started a fire that left a Johnsburg home uninhabitable Monday, a fire official said.
The McHenry Township Fire Protection District responded at 3:58 p.m. to the 1800 block of Lakeview Street for a report of a structure fire. Battalion Chief David Harwood said the second floor of the two-story residence was on fire, but all occupants had been evacuated before the unit’s arrival.
He said the fire was brought under control in about 20 minutes. Harwood said damage to the home is “substantial,” and the home is uninhabitable because of smoke and water damage.
He also said there were no injuries to the occupants of the home or firefighters on scene.
The Spring Grove and Fox Lake fire protection districts assisted at the scene. The cause of the fire could not immediately be determined.