Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Berwyn Police Department. Individuals in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• Cash was reported stolen from a cash register tray at 4:39 a.m. June 20 at The Slice Factory, 6920 Ogden Ave.
• A backpack containing a cellphone, green card, Mexican passport and miscellaneous clothing items was reported stolen at 3:45 p.m. June 20 from a motor vehicle outside the World’s Largest Laundromat, 6246 W. Cermak Road.
Beatriz Castro Salgado, 34, of the 4500 block of West Marquette Road, Chicago, was charged at 11:23 p.m. June 20 with driving under the influence of alcohol, DUI with a blood alcohol content of more than 0.08, no insurance, no driver’s license and two counts of disobeying a stop sign at East and Stanley avenues.
The driver’s side front and rear wheels of a motor vehicle were reported stolen at 4:07 a.m. June 22 in the 1800 block of South Wisconsin Avenue.
• A 2-inch hole in the hood of a motor vehicle was reported at 2:47 p.m. June 20 in the 1900 block of South Harlem Avenue.
• Graffiti was reported at 6:07 p.m. June 20 at Harvey Avenue and 37th Street.
• A broken window and damaged door of a motor vehicle were reported at 12:12 a.m. June 22 in the 1900 block of South Home Avenue. A 40- to 50-pound boulder reportedly was thrown through the left rear of the vehicle.
• Green spray paint was reported at 5:06 a.m. June 22 on a motor vehicle in the 1900 block of South Grove Avenue.
A scam involving suspects posing as ComEd representatives over the phone and asking for payment was reported at 4:23 p.m. June 20 in the 2200 block of South Clinton Avenue.
An incident involving identity theft was reported at 7:03 p.m. June 20 in the 6400 block of West 27th Place.