Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proved guilty in court.
• The driver’s side window of a 2005 Chevrolet Monte Carlo was reported broken and a wallet was stolen from its glovebox between 6 p.m. July 28 and 7 a.m. July 29 in the 3300 block of Maple Avenue.
• A 2010 Toyota RAV4, a baby stroller valued at $900, a car seat valued at $200, a GPS valued at $100 and $30 in cash were reported stolen at 3:26 a.m. July 31 in the 3200 block of Prairie Avenue.
• A plastic bag containing a head gasket set, timing belt and water pump were reported stolen from a 2001 Kia Sportage between 11 a.m. July 31 and 2 p.m. August 1 in the 4600 block of Custer Avenue.
• Tires were reported deflated on a vehicle at 12:04 a.m. July 27 in the 4500 block of Maple Avenue.
• A large rock was reported thrown through the window of the front door to an apartment building at 6:36 a.m. July 30 in the 3200 block of Madison Avenue.
• The rear window of a vehicle was reported broken at 8:17 p.m. July 31 in the 4200 book of Blanchan Avenue.
• The window of a vehicle was reported broken at 10:58 p.m. July 31 in the 4200 bock of Madison Avenue.
• The rear window of a vehicle was reported broken at 5:37 a.m. Aug. 1 in the 4400 block of Blanchan Avenue.
• Irvin P. George, 32, of the 1900 block of 23rd Avenue, Maywood, was charged at 2:50 a.m. Aug. 2 with driving under the influence of alcohol at Harlem Avenue and Burlington Street.
• Gerardo Salinas Castillo, 35, of the 700 block of North Liberty Street, Elgin, was charged at 10:15 p.m. July 31 with DUI of alcohol in the 2600 block of First Avenue, North Riverside.
• Abril O. Cardona, 24, of the 3200 block of West Division Street, Chicago, was charged at 2:14 a.m. July 30 with DUI of alcohol in the 3200 block of Harlem Avenue.
• Angel L. Corona, 27, of the 2800 block of Marmora Street, Chicago, was charged with DUI of alcohol at 2:43 a.m. Aug. 1 at Harlem Avenue and Burlington Street.
• Rachel Marie Miller, 23, of the 900 block of Hillside Drive, Mundelein, was charged at 3:11 a.m. July 27 with DUI of alcohol at First Avenue and Parkview Road.
A bicycle was reported stolen at 8:51 p.m. July 28 from the Riverside Public Library, 1 Burling Road.
A caller reported he was shot at, possibly with a BB gun, at 5:21 p.m. July 28 in the 8000 block of West Ogden Avenue.
• Joseph B. Kaczmarek, 42, of the 7900 block of West Ogden Avenue, Lyons, was charged at 11:46 p.m. July 30 with domestic battery in the 4200 block of South Lawndale Avenue.
• Angel J. Rodriguez, 22, of the 1800 block of Manchester Avenue, Westchester, was charged at 11:46 p.m. July 27 with domestic battery in the 4200 block of South Lawndale Avenue.
A caller told police their daughter heard someone trying to break into their home and kick their dog at 11:04 a.m. July 24 in the 4400 block of South Lawndale Avenue. The daughter said something and the man, described as Hispanic with black hair and wearing shorts, left. Police were unable to locate anyone in the area.
A caller reported hearing several shots fired at 2:08 a.m. July 28 in the 8100 block of West 45th Street. A police officer reported hearing the same thing but was not able to locate anyone.
Elihut Parra, 29, of the 2100 block of Home Avenue, Berwyn, was issued a citation at 6:37 p.m. July 25 for possession of marijuana.
Steve A. Winiecki, 54, of the 4000 block of South Joliet Avenue, was charged at 7:45 a.m. July 30 with criminal trespass to land in the 8000 block of Riverwalk Drive. Police said Winiecki had been warned several times previously about drinking alcohol in the park.
• Graffiti was reported on a resident’s garage at 12:20 p.m. July 26 in the 4000 block of South Konrad Avenue.
• Graffiti was reported on the wall of a business at 1:16 p.m. July 30 in the 8500 block of West 43rd Street.
• A slide at a playground at Robinson School was reported burned at an unknown time at 1:54 p.m. July 28 in the 4400 block of South Gage Avenue.
• A vehicle was reported keyed with words scratched into the paint at 7:08 a.m. July 30 in the 8100 block of West Ogden Avenue.