Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Kevin M. Schulgen, 33, 400 block of Ovaltine Court, Villa Park, was charged at 4:26 p.m. Dec. 6 with battery at St. Charles Road and Oakland Grove after allegedly punching someone in the face during a road-rage incident.
• Gevin Rutherford, 32, 700 block of Woodmar Avenue, Hammond, Ind., was charged at 7:28 p.m. Dec. 5 with driving under the influence of alcohol and two counts of driving the wrong way on a one-way street at York and First streets.
• Evaldas Norvilas, 23, 100 block of Cascade Drive, Indian Head Park, was charged at 9:45 p.m. Dec. 5 with DUI of drugs and possession of a controlled substance in the 100 block of West Third Street after police found him allegedly in possession of nine pills of suspected Diazepam, two clear capsules containing a light brown powdery substance and a short red straw.
• Susan McLaughlin, 55, 800 block of South York Street, was charged at 12:13 a.m. Dec. 6 with two counts of DUI of alcohol and failure to yield turning left at Butterfield and York roads after a two-vehicle crash.
• Timothy McKenna, 49, 200 block of South Street, was charged at 12:23 a.m. Dec. 6 with two counts of DUI of alcohol, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and using a cellphone while driving at St. Charles Road and Route 83 after a two-vehicle crash.
• Eliana Rios, 27, 1900 block of South 51st Avenue, Cicero, was charged at 3:33 p.m. Dec. 7 with two counts of DUI of alcohol, not having insurance, illegal transportation of alcohol and improper lane use at North and Highland avenues.
• Bethany Papi, 25, 100 block of East George Street, Bensenville, was charged at 4:01 a.m. Dec. 9 with DUI of alcohol, driving too fast for conditions and not having a driver’s license with her at Roosevelt Road and Route 83.
• A 14-karat gold diamond ring was reportedly stolen from inside a home between 3 p.m. Nov. 14 and 3 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 300 block of Alexander Boulevard.
• A brown fabric pillow was reportedly stolen from a love seat on a front porch between noon and 4 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 200 block of East Cayuga Avenue.
• A man reportedly was scammed into buying debit cards and giving the information to a caller over the phone who claimed to be a Canadian police officer who had a family member in custody between 9 a.m. Dec. 2 and 9 a.m. Dec. 5 in the 1000 block of South Euclid Avenue.
A man reportedly touched a pair of children on the shoulder and tried to offer one of them earrings between 8:30 a.m. and noon Nov. 28 in the 400 block of West Lake Street. The man was not located after children left to tell their father.
• An extension cord for Christmas lights was reportedly cut and stolen between 10 p.m. Nov. 30 and 11 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 200 block of East Fremont Avenue.
• A stone planter and a life-size nutcracker on a front stoop were reportedly damaged at 9 p.m. Dec. 6 in the 300 block of Prospect Avenue.
• Fiberglass doors were reportedly damaged at a water-pumping station between noon Dec. 5 and 8:50 a.m. Dec. 8 at Berkley Avenue and Adams Street.
• A vintage Art Deco statue in a front yard was reportedly damaged between 4 p.m. Dec. 6 and 11 a.m. Dec. 7 in the 400 block of South York Street.
Be the first to know
Be the first to read about news in your area by signing up for our breaking news text alerts at shawurl.com/texts.