Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
A woman reported a man approached her at the Elmhurst College library, slid his cell phone toward her with a $100 bill under it and asked if she would conduct a survey between 4:45 and 5:20 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue. When she agreed, he told her she would receive a message from him, but “it” had to be in Chicago or his car. She declined and left the library, but received a text later asking if she would “do it for 2.”
Elliot Tresch, 22, 800 block of East North Street, Itasca, was charged at 6:42 a.m. Dec. 5 with two counts of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at Addison and Grantley avenues after he was allegedly found in possession of heroin, cocaine and drug paraphernalia.
Aurelio Carbajal, 40, 900 block of East Lorraine Avenue, Addison, was charged at 2:23 a.m. Dec. 2 with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at Oaklawn and Fullerton avenues. Jose De Jesus Palencia, 36, 100 block of North Adams Drive, Addison, posted bond on an existing warrant. The car Carbajal was driving was stolen and returned to its owner.
Grant Hennessy, 18, 400 block of Hickory Drive, Itasca, was charged at 1:55 a.m. Nov. 29 with unlawful possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and violating a one-way street at Adelaide Street and Cottage Hill Avenue.
• Bartlomiej Kornacki, 42, 3500 block of North Orange Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 1:24 a.m. Nov. 30 with disorderly conduct – public intoxication and disorderly conduct – resisting arrest in the 100 block of North Addison Avenue.
• William C. Jensen, 49, 3200 block of West Arthington Street, Chicago, was cited at 4:15 p.m. Dec. 4 with disorderly conduct – public intoxication in the 100 block of West Third Street.
Fleeing and eluding
Chang Wu, 36, 3400 block of Avondale Lane, New Lenox, was charged at 11:31 a.m. Dec. 5 with failure to signal when changing lanes, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle, disobeying a stop sign and failure to signal at York Street and Fremont Avenue after he allegedly did not stop when an officer tried to pull him over.
A counterfeit $20 bill was used as payment between 4 and 10 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 100 block of East Butterfield Road.
• An unauthorized $99.94 purchase from EuroSport was reported between 12:01 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Nov. 6 in the 400 block of Oak Street.
• A man reported someone opened a PayPal account in his name and made a gift card purchase on eBay with it at noon Nov. 20 in the 100 block of Walnut Street.
• A woman reported someone changed the address on her credit card and charged $2,000 on it between 6 a.m. Nov. 24 and 3 p.m. Nov. 26 in the 200 block of Oakbrook Center in Oak Brook.
A garage service entry door was opened and the pad lock found inside the garage between 10:15 p.m. Dec. 2 and 7:45 a.m. Dec. 3 in the 100 block of East Wilson Street. Nothing was reported missing.
• Samantha J. Paldauf, 25, 800 block North Roy Avenue, Northlake, was charged at 5:02 p.m. Nov. 28 with retail theft in the 300 block of South Route 83 after allegedly stealing a ring.
• A woman reported depositing a check for $6,559.50 and withdrawing $5,500 in cash as instructed before the check cleared at 2:30 p.m. Nov. 24 in the 400 block of West Lake Street. The woman sent the cash to what she thought was Publisher’s Clearing House in return for a grand prize of $2.5 million.
• A car, cellphone and jewelry box were reported stolen between 2 and 7:30 a.m. Nov. 28 in the 500 block of North Willow Road.
• Kevin Jackson, 20, 1200 block Exeter Court, Wheaton, was charged at 4:39 p.m. Nov. 29 with retail theft and served a no trespass notice for Mariano’s in the 600 block of North York Street after allegedly stealing $16.35 worth of items.
• Four rims and wheels were reportedly stolen from a car between 6 p.m. Nov. 29 and 8:56 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 700 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A woman wrote a check for $200 and gave it to a boy who came to her home claiming she owed him the money for purchases from Boy Scouts between 8 and 10:52 a.m. Nov. 28 in the 700 block of Prospect Avenue. The woman does not remember ordering anything from the Boy Scouts.
• A catalytic converter was reportedly stolen from a car between 9:30 a.m. and 1:25 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 100 block of East Brush Hill Road.
• A catalytic converter was reportedly stolen from a parked car between 7:15 a.m. and 4:50 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 800 block of Larch Avenue.
• A package containing an iPhone was reportedly stolen from a building’s mail room between noon Sept. 20 and noon Sept. 24 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
• A catalytic converter was reportedly stolen from a parked car at 10:50 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 400 block of West Fullerton Avenue.
• Erica Gonzon, 32, 100 block of South La Londe Avenue, Addison, was charged at 9:07 p.m. Dec. 4 with retail theft in the 200 block of South Route 83 after allegedly stealing $181.34 worth of children’s clothing.
• A catalytic converter was reportedly stolen from a parked car between 8:15 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. Dec. 1 in the 800 block of North Larch Avenue.
• An iPad and jewelry were reportedly stolen from inside a home between 11 a.m. and 1:45 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 400 block of West Third Street.
• A lighted angel was stolen from a front yard at 5:41 p.m. Dec. 5 in the 900 block of South Cedar Avenue.
Shureena Ware, 30, 1900 block of South Christiana Avenue, Chicago, was cited at 5:40 p.m. Nov. 28 for obstructing justice, not having a valid driver’s license and not having insurance at Lake Street and Grand Avenue after allegedly giving officers a false name. She was released to Rolling Meadows police on a warrant.
A man reportedly touched a pair of children on the shoulder and tried to offer one of them earrings between 8:30 a.m. and noon Nov. 28 in the 400 block of West Lake Street. The man was not located after children left to tell their father.
An extension cord to Christmas lights was reportedly cut and stolen between 10 p.m. Nov. 30 and 11 a.m. Dec. 1 in the 200 block of East Fremont Avenue.
• A 2015 registration sticker was reported lost between noon Nov. 13 and 10:08 a.m. Dec. 2 in the 700 block of West Grand Avenue.
• An Ohio driver’s license was reported lost between 2 and 11 p.m. Dec. 4 in the 200 block of Niagara Avenue.