Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
A 46-year-old Elmhurst man was struck by a car at 6:54 p.m. Nov. 1 and sustained a non-incapacitating injury at Schiller Street and Willow Road. Witnesses said the man was walking down the middle of the street when he was struck. No charges were reported.
Vanessa Uribe, 32, 100 block of West North Avenue, Lombard, was charged at 4:32 p.m. Nov. 13 with attempted prostitution at an undisclosed location due to an ongoing investigation.
Police, fire crew rescue man after ceiling collapses
Police and fire personnel rescued a man in a wheelchair at 6:06 a.m. Nov. 8 after drywall from the ceiling collapsed and blocked him in the 100 block of Geneva Avenue. Police said the collapse did not appear to be from a water leak, but was probably maintenance related.
• Geno Sullivan, 21, 800 block of North Indiana Street, was charged at 2:50 a.m. Nov. 8 with driving under the influence of alcohol, possession of a controlled substance and improper lane use at Route 83 and North Avenue after he allegedly threw cocaine out the window of his car when stopped.
• Peter Chillemi, 59, 200 block of East Lydale Avenue, Northlake, was charged at 5:51 p.m. Nov. 8 with aggravated DUI of alcohol, revoked driver’s license and no insurance at St. Charles Road and Argyle Avenue after a two-car crash. An Elmhurst woman in the other vehicle had an evident, but not incapacitating, injury.
• Alejandro Mendoza, 27, 1700 block of North Mango Avenue, Chicago, was charged at 12:36 a.m. Nov. 9 with aggravated DUI of alcohol, attempted possession of fraudulent identification card, driving while license revoked, no insurance, illegal transportation of alcohol and no lights required at North Avenue and York Street.
• Alfredo Jinete, 27, 100 block of East George Street, Bensenville, was charged at 4:42 a.m. Nov. 9 with two counts of DUI of alcohol and no registration plate light at York Street and Grantley Avenue.
• Melissa Hamper, 30, 1300 block of Maple Avenue, was charged at 12:25 a.m. Nov. 14 with DUI of alcohol and disobeying a flashing red light at York Street and Palmer Drive.
• Jeffrey Bocik, 40, 4900 block of Forster Avenue, Schiller Park, was charged at 2:04 a.m. Nov. 14 with DUI of alcohol, unlawful use of a weapon, improper lane use and failure to signal at Route 83 and Lake Street after police allegedly found a 9-millimeter pistol with a loaded magazine under the passenger seat of his car without a conceal and carry permit.
• Colette Keri, 18, 300 block of Kimbell Avenue, was charged at 7:17 p.m. Nov. 7 with driving without headlights, no insurance, unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at Poplar and Park avenues.
• Ashraf Esmail, 33, 1200 block of West 63rd Street, Chicago, was charged at 1:38 a.m. Nov. 15 with unlawful possession of marijuana and disobeying a traffic control device at York and Schiller streets.
• Safwat Heleike, 22, 6000 block of North First Avenue, Melrose Park, was charged at 5:52 p.m. Nov. 16 with disobeying a traffic control device and unlawful possession of marijuana at Grand Avenue and County Line Road.
Sean M. Widener, 18, 100 block of North Willow Road, was charged at 1:28 p.m. Nov. 7 with possession of drug paraphernalia at Third Street and Willow Road.
Alexander Deback, 23, 500 block of Iowa Avenue, Villa Park, was charged at 2:45 a.m. Nov. 16 with disorderly conduct – public intoxication and disorderly conduct – befouling public property in the 100 block of East First Street after allegedly urinating at the front doors of the police station.
• A woman gave a pair of women $12,000 in exchanged for $33,000, which contained fraudulent $100 bills, at 11:30 a.m. Nov. 7 in the 600 block of North York Road. The woman lost $11,880.
• A woman received a check to buy two gift cards for a secret shopper program, but discovered the check was counterfeit between 11:44 a.m. Oct. 15 and 10:48 a.m. Nov. 13 in the 300 block of South Prairie Avenue.
• Galway Construction of Oak Park was reported for taking a deposit of $6,232 to install windows at an Elmhurst residence but never did between noon Aug. 5 and 2:53 p.m. Nov. 15 in the 200 block of Winthrop Avenue.
• A man reported someone attempted to open several credit accounts in his name between 9 a.m. Nov. 4 and 11:31 a.m. Nov. 13 in the 1000 block of South Swain Avenue.
• An woman reported someone used her Discover Card to purchase three items at Sam’s Club in Cicero totaling $1,355.46 without her authorization at 3:50 p.m. Oct. 29 in the 400 block of North Howard Avenue.
• Ramon Torres-Escobedo, 53, 300 block of East Palmer Avenue, Northlake, was charged at 1:59 p.m. Nov. 8 with retail theft in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• An iPhone, wallet and DJ equipment were reportedly stolen from inside a parked car between 2:27 and 3:15 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 200 block of Walter Street.
• A black Chipotle baseball hat was reportedly stolen from inside an unlocked parked car between 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue. A screwdriver also was found in the car, and someone seemed to have tampered with the ignition.
• A purse was reportedly stolen from a shopping cart at 6:40 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A printer cartridge and a cellphone charger were reported stolen at 7:05 p.m. Nov. 8 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A bike was reportedly stolen from an open garage between 3 and 3:10 p.m. Nov. 9 in the 300 block of West First Street.
• A gold and diamond tennis bracelet was reportedly stolen from a home between 8 a.m. Nov. 11 and 5 p.m. Nov. 13 in the 300 block of Alexander Boulevard.
• A USB adapter for a phone charger was reportedly stolen from inside an unlocked car between 9:15 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. Nov. 14 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• An ashtray and less than $5 worth of change were reportedly stolen from inside an unlocked car between 4 p.m. Nov. 15 and 11 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 300 block of Sunnyside Avenue.
• The metal frame door of a parked car was bent and someone gained access to the car between 11:20 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road. Nothing was reported missing, but a wallet was located on the driver’s side floor.
• Spray paint was found on two rocks near the lift station along with chairs, bottles and scattered garbage at 2:39 p.m. Nov. 9 at Adams Street and Hawthorne Avenue.
• A drive-thru sign was spray painted with silver spray paint between 7 a.m. Nov. 1 and 8 a.m. Nov. 14 in the 300 block of North York Street.
A woman reported she found her front door wide open when she returned home between 9:15 a.m. and 12:15 p.m. Nov. 7 in the 400 block of East Third Street. Nothing was reported missing.
• Robert Hughes, 18, 100 block of Fairfield Avenue, and three other juveniles were charged at 12:12 a.m. Nov. 9 with consumption of alcohol by a minor at Poplar Avenue and Marion Street. One juvenile also was charged with violating curfew, and Hughes was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana.
• Tomas Kulikauskas, 19, 600 block of South Princeton Avenue, Villa Park, was charged at 12:37 a.m. Nov. 16 with consumption of alcohol by a minor, public intoxication, possession of a false ID card and minor on licensed premise in the 100 block of South York Street.
Twenty-five electronic computer monitors were found in a dumpster between 5 p.m. Nov. 12 and 7 a.m. Nov. 13 in the 800 block of Poplar Avenue.
A bullet was found in the men’s locker room at 11:46 a.m. Nov. 16 in the 100 block of South West Avenue.