ST. CHARLES – The third annual St. Charles Jazz Weekend is set to host live jazz music from Sept. 11 to 14 in downtown St. Charles.
Eight venues plan to host jazz groups for lunch, dinner, and late evening entertainment.
The eight participating venues include: Baker Memorial United Methodist Church, Isacco Kitchen, The Filling Station Pub and Grill, McNally’s Traditional Irish Pub, Nuova Italia Ristorante, O’Sole Mio, The Office Dining and Spirits, and Szechwan Restaurant.
Three-time Grammy Award-winning saxophonist Frank Catalano will headline Thursday, Sept. 11, at The Filling Station.
The venues will host jazz soloists to quartets that cover a range of jazz styles. The venues will provide the music complimentary for their in-house guests.
“We are thrilled to announce the lineup of our third annual St. Charles Jazz Weekend, which will once again feature Grammy Award-winning saxophonist Frank Catalano,” Lynne Schwartz, executive director of the Downtown St. Charles Partnership, said in a news release. “There is obviously a demand for live jazz music, as we’ve seen through the response to the event the past two years. In addition, downtown St. Charles has many wonderful venues that are ideal for this jazz music experience.”
The Kane County Chronicle and Shaw Media again have partnered with the Downtown St. Charles Partnership on this event. This year, Fox Valley Buick and GMC and Franks Employment are gold sponsors of the event.
The schedule is as follows:
• Frank Catalano, 7 to 10 p.m. at The Filling Station
• Andy Schlinder Duo, 8 to 10 p.m. at McNally’s
• Wade Baker Jazz, 5 to 7 p.m. at First Street Plaza
• Mark Maultrop, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Isacco Kitchen
• Jazz Trio, 7 to 10 p.m. at Szechwan Restaurant
• Sam Fazio and the Nick Schneider Trio, 7:30 to 10:30 p.m. at Nuova Italia Ristorante
• Dat Band, 8 to 11 p.m. at McNally’s
• Andy Schlinder Duo, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at The Office
• Gayle Kolb Duo, featuring Tom Muellner, 6 to 9 p.m. at Isacco Kitchen
• Chris Madsen Duo, 6 to 9 p.m. at The Filling Station
• Frank Lamphere’s Rat Pack Jazz, 7 to 10 p.m. at Nuova Italia Ristorante
• Marc Pompe, 7 to 10 p.m. at Szechwan Restaurant
• Jazz Band, 7 to 11 p.m. at O’Sole Mio
• Jazz Worship, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m. at Baker Memorial United Methodist Church
• The Jazz FX Project, 3 to 5 p.m. at First Street Plaza
• Conor Bernhart Band, 6 to 9 p.m. at McNally’s