Join us on Sept. 6 for this CARA certified 5K and 10K run and 5K walk.
Gather your friends, family and coworkers for a race that appeals to people of all ages and skill levels — serious runners, casual joggers and walkers. Participants will start at DuPagePads and then make their way through the streets of Wheaton. After the race, all participants are invited to stay for refreshments, music and prizes.
There will be several awards, including:
• King of the Hill: Be the first to dash to the top of the hill and be crowned the King of the Hill.
• Largest organization participation: Presented to a congregation, company or group.
• Top three individual and team fundraisers: All teams and individuals have the option of making a fundraising page this year. You can easily send this link out to family and friends, and donating online is fast and secure.
• Top three overall male and female finishers.
• Top three male and female finishers in each age group.
• New this year! The Ross K. MacNeill Award: Top finishers in the “14 and under” category.
Register today at www.padsrun.org!
Looking to prepare for the race day? Check out our event website, www.padsrun.org, for a link to Hal Higdon’s Training Program, which will have you running circles around the competition.
Interested in volunteering? We need hundreds of volunteers to help make this event run smoothly and there are many shifts available! If you are interested, contact Colleen Conwood at 630-682-3846, ext. 3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A big thank you to our sponsors:
• Diamond Level: Continental Motors of Naperville, Mike Lifts 100 Tons, Republic Bank.
• Gold Level: Exelon Generation, Invesco Ltd., JD Norman Industries, Knickerbocker Roofing and Paving Co., Jim & Kathy Schlesser, Suburban Life, T2 Capital Management.
• Silver Level: AAA Chicago, Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital, Chick-Fil-A, Bill Hamik, Ostrander Construction, Ray and Mary Schulte, Spraying Systems, Starbucks, Whole Foods Wheaton
• Bronze Level: Advantage Wellness Clinic, Adventist GlenOaks Hospital, DynaCom, Evergreen Bank Group, Guggenheim, Naperville Running Co.
All proceeds from this fundraiser will support families and individuals who are homeless in DuPage County. For more information about the Run 4 Home, contact Stephanie at 630-682-3846, ext. 2520 or email@example.com.
Carol Simler is president and CEO of DuPagePads.