Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
A Brookfield man was charged with possession of marijuana during a police investigation of shots being fired in the 4200 block of Eberly Avenue at 6 p.m. Aug. 7.
Police were called to the address due to anonymous complaint of shots being fired from the second floor window. Police went to an open rear door of the residence when there was no answer at the front door and entered after announcing their presence several times. Christian Aguilera, 18, of Brookfield, met police in the kitchen and said he and friends were shooting BB rifles out the window in the alley. Police detected a strong odor of marijuana while searching the second floor.
Two containers holding marijuana and a grinder were found in Aguilera's bedroom. Two BB-style rifles were also found in the home.
Martin A. Harris, 18 of La Grange; Conor M. Westerhoff, 21, of La Grange Park; and Aguilera were charged with the discharging of projectiles within city limits.
• Milton E. Petts II, 57, of Brookfield, was charged with DUI alcohol following a traffic stop based on a DUI driver report from another driver at 9:37 p.m, Aug. 9. Petts' vehicle was spotted in the 3700 block of Grand Boulevard with damage to the front and rear bumpers. He was walking to a rear staircase when police announced their presence. He fell backwards down 10 stairs and announced he was all right and didn't want to go to the hospital. He was taken to Loyola Medical Center for treatment and later charged with for improper lane usage, failure to give information, failure to report an accident and driving while being uninsured.
• Michael Anthony Nikischer, 22, of Riverside, was charged with two counts of DUI alcohol after he was observed leaving Brixie's parking lot, 9400 Ogden Ave., with his passenger hanging on the tail gate and standing on the bumper of Nikischer's truck at 1:15 a.m. Aug. 11. Police noticed a strong odor of alcohol on his breath and he failed all field and Breathalyzer tests. He was also charged with two counts of driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
Portable toilet burned in Big Ball Field
A portable toilet in Riverside's Big Ball Park was destroyed by fire at about 4 a.m. Aug. 3.
Police on patrol reported the toilet completely engulfed in flames. officers were able to put the fire mostly out before fire fighters arrived.
Burglary and theft reports
• A bicycle was reported stolen from a backyard in the 100 block of Addison Road July 28.
• A bicycle was reported stolen from a rear shed in the 300 block of East Grove Road July 29.
• Thomas M. Lovero, 30, of the 3800 block of Elmwood Avenue, Berwyn, was charged with DUI following a traffic stop for speeding in the 7100 block of Ogden Avenue at 1 a.m. Aug. 1. Police noticed a strong odor of alcohol on Lovero's breath. He failed field sobriety and Breathalyzer tests. He was also charged with five moving violations.
• India V. Guyton, 28, of the 4300 block of West Le Moyne Street, Chicago, was charged with DUI alcohol following a traffic stop for driving with only parking lights and crossing the yellow line in the 3300 block of Harlem Avenue at 4:44 a.m. Aug. 2. Police noticed an odor of marijuana and alcohol inside the vehicle. She was also charged with three moving violations.
Several charged after large fight reported
Police were dispatched to the 7200 block of West 38th Place at 5:20 a.m. Aug. 3 to investigate a report of a large fight involving 20 or more subjects. When police arrived, several people were still on the scene fighting. Police had to use a Taser on one man, and reported that several of the people fighting then fought with police and resisted arrest. Police charged Arianna C. Noriega, 21, of the 1500 block of South 61st Avenue, Cicero, with the following charges: Battery, knowingly damaging property, mob action, reckless conduct and resisting arrest. Police reported that Noriega attempted to kick out windows in the squad car she was placed in. Also charged was Rogelio Lopez, Jr., 26, of the 8600 block of West 47th Street, with reckless conduct and mob action, and Papo A. Lopez, 35, of the 1500 block of South 51st Court, Cicero, with aggravated assault of a police officer, mob action and reckless conduct.
Police were called to Burger King, 8526 W. Ogden Ave., at 10:23 p.m. Aug. 2 for a report of a man passed out in the bathroom and possibly using drugs. Police found a man in the bathroom, as well as a hypodermic needle and a foil packet containing a powder substance that tested positive for heroin. Michael R. Harvey, 29, of the 4400 block of West Montana, Chicago, was charged with possession of a controlled substance after being transported to MacNeal Hospital for evaluation.
Man exposes himself
A caller reported that a man with a dog was sitting in the park at 5 p.m. Aug. 1 in the 4100 block of Elm Avenue and exposed himself. Police were unable to find anyone matching the witnesses’ description.
Luis B. Sustaita, 45, of the 4500 block of South Cracow Avenue, was charged with domestic battery at 4:46 a.m. Aug. 4.
Burglary and theft reports
A 2003 white Mitubishi Montero was reported stolen in the 7200 block of 38th Place as reported at 12:40 p.m. Aug. 3.
• A cell phone was reported stolen after the owner left it at a bar in the 7300 block of West Ogden Avenue as reported at 2:23 a.m. Aug. 1.
• A bike was reported stolen from McDonald’s, 7850 W. Ogden Ave., the day prior to being reported at 10:36 a.m. Aug. 3. The bike, a black and green mountain bike, was left unlocked at the time.
• A wallet, shorts, keys and a cell phone were reported stolen from a locker at XSport Fitness, 3940 S. Harlem Ave., at 6:37 p.m. Aug. 3.