BERWYN – Already there is something to look forward to when summer turns to fall in Berwyn.
Berwyn’s Oktoberfest will be held from 6 to 11 p.m. Sept. 19 and noon to 11 p.m. Sept. 20 at the intersection of Windsor and Grove avenues in the Depot District, just off of the Berwyn Metra train station.
The event’s mid-September kick-off coincides with the original Munich Oktoberfest, which starts on Sept. 20 this year.
There will be live music, an international food court, carnival and amusement rides, a family entertainment pavilion, crafters and vendors.
The Beer Garden will feature special Oktoberfest seasonal selections, among others.
On Sept. 20, the family pavilion will host a variety of interactive activities including on-site video gaming, face-painting, a bounce house and obstacle course, Bozo buckets, trivia and other games.
Admission is free.
This event is sponsored by Berwyn’s Historic Depot District Special Events Committee of the Berwyn Development Corporation.
For more information, visit www.whyberwyn.com.
Friday, Sept. 19
• R-Gang, R&B from the Motown era to the '90s from 6 to 8 p.m.
• Sixteen Candles, best of the '80s from 8:30 to 11 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 20
• Eddie Korosa, Jr. & his Boys from Illinois, polka from noon to 1 p.m.
• 144th Army Band, “Soldiers of Swing” Swing from 2 to 3 p.m. in Karasek Park
• The Blue Lincolns, playing rock music, from 1:30 to 3 p.m.
• Classical Blast, playing classical, rock and pop, from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
• Platinum, playing dance, hard rock, metal from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
7th Heaven, playing rock, pop and indie, from 9 to 11 p.m.