Information in Police Reports is obtained from local police departments. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Woman hits another with coffee mug
Erica R. Pinelo, 25, of the 4100 block of North Bell Avenue, Chicago, was charged with battery after hitting a Brookfield resident in the head with a coffee mug during an argument at about 8:20 p.m. July 31 in the 3400 block of Park Avenue.
Christopher M. Sutor, 35, of the 2700 block of 59th Court, Cicero, was charged with DUI alcohol at 1:46 a.m. Aug. 2 in the area of 28th Street and Maple Avenue. Police conducted a traffic stop on Sutor's vehicle after it was seen driving without headlights and swerving between lanes. An open bottle of vodka was found in Sutor's vehicle and he failed field sobriety tests. He registered a blood alcohol content of 0.236 on a breath test. Sutor was additionally charged with illegal transportation of alcohol and received traffic citations.
John D. Jakstavich, 41, of Orland Park, was charged with domestic battery and interference with a 911 call at about 7 p.m. Aug. 3 at the Brookfield Police Department.
Cash was reported stolen from Danny's restaurant, 9123 Ogden Ave., after a delivery driver arrived and found the businesses rear door and lock broken at 2:37 a.m. July 31.
A van parked in the 4300 block of Arthur Avenue was reported damaged after the owner found two driver's side windows broken by what was believed to be an air powered pellet or BB gun as reported at 7:42 a.m. July 28.
Burglary and theft reports
• A 50-pound cement statue of an angle was reported stolen from a back yard in the 3400 block of Grand Boulevard at 11:52 a.m. July 29.
• An unlocked bike placed next to a resident's garage in the 9000 block of Sheridan was reported stolen at 7:58 a.m. July 28.
Marijuana found near train depot
A small bag of marijuana was reported to and found by police near the train depot at 7:54 a.m. July 21. The marijuana was recovered and entered into evidence to be destroyed.
• Anthony Crotty, 46, of the 7300 block of Fordham Lane, Plainfield, was charged with DUI alcohol at 12:42 a.m. July 24 in the area of Ogden and Center avenues in Lyons. An officer reported he conducted a traffic stop after seeing a vehicle driving 20 mph in a 30-mph zone and crossing traffic lines. The officer reported Crotty had a strong odor of alcohol on his breath. He was additionally charged with several moving violations.
• Justin Morgan, 28, of the 2300 block of South Clinton Avenue, Berwyn, was charged with DUI alcohol at 1:11 a.m. July 25 in the area of Riverside Drive and 26th Street. The officer made a traffic stop on Morgan's vehicle after it was seen traveling at 52 mph in a 35-mph zone. Morgan failed field sobriety tests and was additionally charged with moving violations.
Burglary and theft reports
• A white Schwinn BMX bike was reported stolen from a driveway in the 100 block of Northgate Road at 10:17 p.m. July 27.
• A statue of a seagull was reported stolen from a backyard in the zero to 100 block of Lafayette Road at 6:45 p.m July 27.
Lost credit card
A resident reported losing their credit card to police at 4:02 p.m. July 25 and that someone had used it to make purchases at Walgreens and CVS.
Fight at park
Police responded to a report of a fight in the baseball field at Veterans Park, 4150 S. Lawndale Ave., at 6:50 p.m. July 25. No complaints were signed and no charges were pressed.
Burglary and theft reports
• A resident of the 4300 block of South Gage Avenue reported the theft of two ladders from his garage at 11:06 p.m. July 25. The victim was unsure when exactly the ladders were stolen.
• A phone was reported stolen from Dunkin' Donuts, 8007 W. Ogden Ave., at 2:13 p.m. July 27.
• A bag filled with homemade dolls made by the victim was reported stolen from the 8000 block of West Ogden Avenue at 12:26 p.m. July 29.
• A purple and pink BMX bike was reported stolen from the 7800 block of West Ogden Avenue at 11:45 p.m. July 29. The father of the victim said it was stolen around 10:30 p.m.
Kids run through halls of closed school
Police responded to a burglary alarm at Costello School at 11:48 p.m. July 25 and saw several male juveniles running the hallways of the closed school. Several subjects were taken into custody when they attempted to jump off the roof. Police took five total juveniles into custody after searching the school, all between the ages of 15 and 16. Police later learned they had gained access to the roof of the school and then gone into the school through an unsecured hatch door on the roof. A baseball belonging to the school was found in the backpack of one juvenile and returned to the school. All five were given citations for curfew violation and trespass.
Paul Aguirre, 44, of the 3900 block of Vernon, Brookfield, was charged with public intoxication after a resident reported a man trying to break into his van in the 4600 block of South Joliet Road at 1:17 a.m. July 26. Police located Aguirre at 47th Street and Joliet Road. Another officer said Aguirre had recently been asked to leave the Hall of Fame bar at 47th Street and Lawndale Avenue for urinating on the side of the building.
Quarters stolen in break-in
Police were dispatched to a business in the 7900 block of West Ogden Avenue at 2:10 p.m. July 28 for investigate a burglar alarm. Police found fresh pry marks on the door and the door open. Several drawers in the business were found open. The owner reported that $30 in quarters was taken from a cash box.
Beaten by gang members
A person called police to say her son was getting beaten up by gang members on Gage Avenue. Police and an ambulance were sent to the 7300 block of West Oakwood Avenue and a person was taken to MacNeal Hospital at 11:10 p.m. July 28.
Trespassing charge given to intoxicated man
Police charged Michael Wiltzius, 43, of the 100 block of Burling Road, Riverside, with trespassing at 1:01 p.m. July 29 in the 8000 block of West Riverwalk Drive. Police said Wilzius was previously warned not to sleep in a public park while intoxicated.
Glass blocks on a building were found shattered in the 4000 block of South Joliet Road at 2:16 p.m. July 29.