Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Attempted arson investigation
Police are investigating an attempted arson case after a bottle of vodka was found lying on the ground in the Elk’s Lodge parking lot, 711 W. St. Charles Road. A window also was broken and black charring found on the ground below it between 11:30 p.m. July 23 and 9:45 a.m. July 24.
Controlled substance possession
• Adrian J. Giza, 25, of the 3600 block of North New England Avenue, Chicago, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence of drugs, failure to yield to an emergency vehicle and improper lane usage at 8:22 a.m. July 21 at Route 83 and Lake Street after police found suspect alprazolam in his pocket.
• Marco A. Gomez, 24, of the 300 block of Hawthorn Lane, Hoffman Estates, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, driving under the influence of drugs, speeding and failing to signal at 3:17 p.m. July 21 at Crestview Avenue and York Street, after police found him in possession of cocaine residue.
• Michael Maggio, 43, of the N2600 block of Norris Lane, Waupaca, Wis., was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and improper lane usage at 2:12 a.m. July 23 at North and Evergreen avenues.
• Tyshaun Campbell, 30, of the 1400 block of Austin Boulevard, Oak Park, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, possession of marijuana, illegal transportation of alcohol and improper lane usage at 12:51 a.m. July 24 at York and Roosevelt roads.
• Jack Scott, 31, of the 700 block of North Indiana Street, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, not having insurance and improper lane usage at 12:54 a.m. July 25 at York Street and Columbia Avenue.
• Katie Larson, 20, of the 300 block of West Avenue, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by a minor and failure to yield at an intersection at 1:42 a.m. July 26 in the 300 block of South West Avenue. Passenger, Honorable Valdez, 20, also of the 300 block of West Avenue, was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor.
• Rosalio Rebolledo, 42, of the 300 block of Dell Road, Addison, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, open alcohol and not having insurance at 2:44 a.m. July 26 in the 500 block of West Lake Street.
• Rhonda E. Brand, 49, of the 0 to 100 block of Manchester Lane, was cited for disorderly conduct-public intoxication at 5:28 p.m. July 23 in the 300 block of West St. Charles Road.
• Mark M. Ward, 50, of the 4500 block of Polo Drive, Bartlett, was charged with disorderly conduct-public intoxication at 2:58 p.m. July 25 in the 100 block of North Larch Avenue.
• Robert L. Baldwin, 64, of the 700 block of West Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged with disorderly conduct-public intoxication and possession of open alcohol at 3:25 p.m. July 27 at North Avenue and Shady Lane.
• A juvenile was charged with possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of fireworks at 12:03 a.m. July 21 in the 100 block of South Route 83.
• John P. Newell, 19, of the 23W200 block of Edgewood Court, Glen Ellyn, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:16 p.m. July 21 at Butterfield Road and Mitchell Avenue.
• Stephani Diaz-Prado, 22, of the 2800 block of Rhodes Avenue, Northlake, and Dillan C. Harness, 24, of the 100 block of West St. Charles Road, Elmhurst, were charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 1:36 a.m. July 27 at Schiller Street and Robert T. Palmer Drive. Harness also was charged with driving without headlights and not having insurance.
• Angeline Taylor, 18, of the 600 block of North Indiana Street, was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:41 p.m. July 27 at York Street and Grand Avenue.
Drug paraphernalia possession
• Andrew Wilson, 26, of the 1500 block of Orchard Circle, Naperville, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:14 a.m. July 22 in the 300 block of West Lake Street.
• Brandon S. Poppert, 20, of the 200 block of East Columbia Avenue, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful use of identification at 1:06 p.m. July 23 at Kenilworth and Columbia avenues.
• A juvenile was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 4:42 p.m. July 23 at Grand Avenue and York Street. Driver Calvin Brown, 20, of the 300 block of Ridge Avenue, was charged with driving while license suspended and operating an uninsured motor vehicle. Deshawn Thomas, 18, also of the 300 block of Ridge Avenue, was cited with failure to wear a seat belt.
• A juvenile was cited for trespassing, consumption of alcohol by a minor and issued a trespass notice at 3:23 p.m. July 26 in the 400 block of East Huntington Lane after throwing a party at her ex-boyfriend’s parents’ home while they were on vacation.
False report filed
Brendan D. Scott, 24, of the 5700 block of North Austin Avenue, Chicago, was charged with filing a false police report, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of marijuana at 4:43 p.m. July 24 at Route 83 and St. Charles Road after falsely reporting a driver stepped out of his car and pointed a gun at Scott.
• A man who was watering plants for a homeowner while she was out of town reported empty beer bottles behind the home, a ladder leaning against the house and the door unlocked at 1:36 p.m. July 23 in the 400 block of Huntington Lane.
• A juvenile girl reported a white man, about 60, with white hair described as skinny, about five feet, 9 inches tall, wearing black slacks and a tan shirt, with red paint on his pinky fingers approached her while she was walking her dog and attempted to pick up the dog at 2:30 p.m. July 23 in the 100 block of East Van Buren Street. When the man could not pick up the dog, he told the girl “have a good day,” and drove away in an older model, small, dark green four door car with a red stripe around it.
Daniel Serritella, 18, of the 1200 block of Riverwood Drive, Algonquin, Bryce Simpson, 18, of the 200 block of South Poplar Avenue, Brendan Conroy, 19, of the 300 block of Highland Avenue, and Gonazalo Olivero, 19, of the 600 block of East Belden Avenue, were cited for prowling at 1:59 a.m. July 27 at Babcock and Garden avenues.
• A man reported someone attempted to file for unemployment using his name and social security number at 11:45 a.m. July 25 in the 300 block of West First Street.
• A man reported someone used his social security number to apply for unemployment benefits at 1:10 p.m. July 15 in the 200 block of North York Street.
• A woman reported someone attempted to open several credit cards using her social security number at noon July 24 in the 700 block of Cedar Avenue.
A man and woman used another man’s credit card without his permission to purchase $118 worth of items at 11:06 a.m. July 26 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Markel Williams, 40, of the 0S500 block of Old York Road was charged with retail theft at 3:51 p.m. July 21 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street after he stole four bottles of vodka and three bottles of champagne, worth $268.16. Williams was also recognized from previous thefts.
• Three juveniles were charged with retail theft and issued no trespass orders at 6:16 p.m. July 23 in the 200 block of South Route 83.
• Karen R. Merker, 54, of the 0 to 100 block of North Ardmore Avenue, Villa Park, was charged with theft at 3 p.m. July 23 in the 700 block of West St. Charles Road.
• Robert E. Prideaux, 38, of the 400 block of Argyle Avenue, was charged with theft of services at 9:54 a.m. July 24 at his home after he didn’t pay a $101.40 cab fare. Prideaux was also charged with theft by deception, battery and theft of services again at 3:16 a.m. July 26 at his home.
• A long board skate board worth $250 was stolen from inside the trunk of an unlocked car between 11:45 a.m. July 16 and 11:45 a.m. July 20 in the 0 to 100 block of Elm Creek Drive.
• A FOID card, two credit cards and about $40 in cash were stolen from a wallet in a locked locker between 9 and 10:20 a.m. July 26 in the 200 block of West First Street.
• Personal belongings were stolen from three lockers between 8 and 12:11 p.m. July 26 in the 100 block of West Avenue.
• The key lock to a work van was reported removed and several tools stolen at 3:32 p.m. July 25 in the 500 block of South Rex Boulevard.
Property damage, defacement
• A rear driver’s side door was scratched between 7:45 and 8:10 p.m. July 21 in the 900 block of South York Street.
• Black spray paint was found on an Ameritech box and blue spray paint was found on a wood post at 12:30 p.m. July 23 in the 300 block of Crescent Avenue.
• Shaving cream was used to write words on a parked car between 9 p.m. July 23 and 6:30 a.m. July 24 in the 500 block of Howard Avenue.
• The rear door of a parked car was smashed at 3:05 p.m. July 26 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• The rear driver’s side window was smashed on a car between 9 and 11:47 p.m. July 26 in the 300 block of North Ridgeland Avenue.
• An outdoor light fixture was damaged between 11 p.m. July 26 and 8 a.m. July 27 in the 100 block of North Oak Street.
• A mailbox was damaged between 11 and 11:15 p.m. July 27 in the 500 block of North Walnut Street.
A dealer license plate was reported lost at 2:45 p.m. July 26 in the 300 block of West Grand Avenue.
An unlocked white Schwinn Crossfit mountain bicycle was found at 4:58 p.m. July 24 in the 400 block of West Second Street.