Starting Friday, bowling centers in Will County will participate in a “Bowl for Freedom” campaign to raise money in support of veterans.
The campaign is organized by the Bowlers to Veterans Link, a national nonprofit charity.
Bowling centers in Will County will offer a special package in which 50 cents of every paid game bowled will be donated to the Bowlers to Veterans Link, the organization announced in a news release.
The campaign in Will County runs until Aug. 17.
“This is an exciting effort that can help us make a real impact in meeting the needs of America’s heroes recuperating in hospitals around the country,” Darlene Baker, board chair at Bowlers to Veterans Link, said in the news release. “What’s more, it provides bowlers with a wonderful opportunity to save some money, enjoy a fund day out and support BVL.”
Participating local bowling centers are:
• Channahon Lanes, 23506 Eames, Channahon;
• Crest Hill Lanes, 905 Theodore, Crest Hill;
• Joliet Town & Country Lanes, 2231 W. Jefferson St., Joliet;
• Laraway Lanes, 1009 W. Laraway Road, New Lenox;
• Peotone Bowling Center, 210 N. Second St., Peotone;
• Plainfield Lanes, 15610 S. Joliet Road, Plainfield;
• Riverfront Lanes, 402 S. Water St., Wilmington;
• Strike ‘N’ Spare, 811 Northern Drive, Lockport;
• Strikers Bowl, 643 Dixie Highway, Beecher.
Bowlers to Veterans Link was founded in 1942 and provides recreational programs and services for hospitalized veterans and active duty members of the military. Information about “Bowl for Freedom” can be found at www.bowlforveterans.org.