LEMONT – In conjunction with the near completion of the Lemont 2030 Comprehensive Plan, the village of Lemont has created the "Lemont Pioneer Award."
According to a village news release, pioneers have "contributed to shaping the Lemont of today or may exemplify the vision and principles of Lemont’s tomorrow."
People who live or work in Lemont can be nominated in six categories, each representing one of the comprehensive plan chapters:
• Our Civic Life – Active participants in the community who work tirelessly to enhance the economic and social vitality of the community
• Our Community Character – Those who value, protect and help develop the aesthetic appeal, historic charm and the natural terrain and vistas of Lemont
• Our Homes – Builders of communal ties that welcome diversity and community growth in order to create a stable community and enhance support systems
• Our Mobility – Advocates for connecting Lemont to regional amenities through transportation networks
• Our Economic Prosperity – Those who support economic growth by buying local and employing local
• Our Natural Resources & Recreation – Outdoor enthusiasts that seek to improve environmental conditions
Recipients will have honorary profiles in the Lemont 2030 Comprehensive Plan and be acknowledged at the Mayor's State of the Village in 2015.
Nominations are due by Aug. 20 and will be voted on by the Planning and Zoning Commission.
Nomination forms, as well as the draft of each comprehensive plan chapter, can be found at www.lemont.il.us/lemont2030.