Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Wheaton Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Charles R. Hyzy, 27, 813 W. Roosevelt Road, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, resisting or obstructing an officer, expired license plate sticker, failure to signal and improper turn at an intersection at 4:46 a.m. July 19 at his home.
A man entered a building and began going through several rooms and yelling obscenities and later nearly hit a woman with his car between 6:44 and 9 p.m. July 16 in the 200 block of East Loop Road.
• A wallet was stolen between 2:30 and 2:58 p.m. July 18 in the 1100 block of East Crescent Street.
• An employee admitted to a store owner and police they had stolen more than $800 between 5 and 7 p.m. July 14 in the 900 block of East Roosevelt Road.
• Several bottles of liquor were stolen between 2:10 and 2:15 a.m. July 18 in Danada Square West.
• Nicole L. Maksimovic, 22, 555 Pershing Ave., Glen Ellyn, was charged with retail theft at 7:08 p.m. July 16 in the 1400 block of East Roosevelt Road.
• An unsecured bicycle was stolen between 1 and 5:23 p.m. July 15 in the 500 block of East College Avenue.
• A phone was stolen from a purse on the Metra at 10 p.m. July 12 in the 300 block of North President Street.
Four vehicle tires were slashed between 10:30 p.m. July 15 and 6:03 a.m. July 16 in the 1600 block of Farragut Court.
• Megan E. Jurgel, 19, 8106 W. Marion Drive, Justice, was charged with possession of marijuana at 2:12 a.m. July 16 at Roosevelt and Warrenville roads.
• Efrain Romo, 5322 S. Hunt Ave., Summit, was charged with possession of drug equipment at 1:55 a.m. July 16 at Roosevelt and Warrenville roads.
• Emilio Villalpando, 24, 3541 S. Washtenaw Ave., Chicago, was charged with possession of marijuana at 1:55 a.m. July 16 at Roosevelt and Warrenville roads.
A worker at a local book store received a phone call from a private, blocked number in which a male spoke about sexual themes at 10:40 a.m. July 18 in the 400 block of North Chase Street.
A man claiming to be a computer service technician is believed to have attempted to gain control of a computer after calling a residence and claiming to be from the Windows Service Center at 11:24 a.m. July 17 in the 1300 block of Sussex Lane.