Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
• Stephen Weigel, 26, of the 400 block of Utley Road, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, not having insurance, improper lane usage and failure to reduce speed at 10:35 p.m. July 1 at Saylor and Montrose avenues.
• Joaquin Moreno, 25, of the 0 to 100 block of Briar Street, Glen Ellyn, was charged with aggravated driving under the influence of alcohol, driving while license revoked, three counts of improper lane usage and no rear registration plate light at 2:09 a.m. July 2 at North Avenue and Walnut Street.
• Antonio Salgado, 24, of the 600 block of Colonial Lane, Des Plaines, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at 2:55 a.m. July 5 in the 700 block of North Indiana Street after police found him passed out in the front seat of his car with the driver’s door open and one leg outside the car.
• Kimberly Russell, 24, of the 6100 block of Knoll Valley Drive, Willowbrook, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and two counts of improper lane usage at 2:34 a.m. July 6 at Route 83 and North Avenue.
Victor Disu, 30, of the 9200 block of South Dauphin Avenue, Chicago, was cited for disobeying a traffic control device and possession of marijuana at 11:54 a.m. June 30 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
Public alcohol consumption
Sixto Zacarias, 27, with a last known address in the 1000 block of West Irving Park Road, Bensenville, was cited for consumption of alcohol in public at 6:44 p.m. July 3 in the 100 block of Victory Parkway.
Joel Ruedas-Decasas, 35, of the 300 block of Lincoln Avenue, Addison, was cited for disorderly conduct-public intoxication at 10:55 p.m. July 4 at Grand Avenue and Lamont Road after falling off his bike.
James Piccirilli, 61, of the 10S600 block of Lilac Lane, Willowbrook, was charged with domestic battery at 4:56 p.m. July 1 in the 100 block of East Adams Street.
• Benjamin Theil, 20, of the 700 block of Berkley Avenue, James Porter, 19, of the 100 block of Fair Lane, a 17-year-old and three 16-year-olds were cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor at 9:05 p.m. July 2 in the 500 block of East Park Avenue. One of the 16-year-olds also was cited for possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Daniel Funk, 18, of the 200 block of West Fremont Avenue, was cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor and public intoxication at 11:54 p.m. July 4 at Roosevelt and York roads.
Drug paraphernalia possession
Marcus Wheat, 21, of the 200 block of Bohland Avenue, Bellwood, was charged with the possession of drug paraphernalia and disobeying a traffic control device at 12:26 a.m. July 6 at North Avenue and Route 83.
A recycled paper dumpster’s paint was damaged and the plastic lid melted during a fire at 10:48 p.m. July 4 at Madison Early Childhood Education Center, 130 W. Madison St. Firefighters extinguished the fire and no injuries were reported.
• Caleb Kumar, 20, and Jonathan Kumar, 25, both of the 200 block of East South Street, along with a 17-year-old, were cited for trespass to property and unlawful possession of fireworks at 7:40 p.m. June 30 in the 200 block of East South Street.
• William Gratzianna, 51, of the 100 block of South Kenilworth Avenue, was charged with possession of fireworks at 10:32 p.m. July 6 at his home after fireworks his children were playing with started his garage on fire. Gratzianna was able to put out the fire, and no one was injured.
• An Elmhurst woman reported she believed someone who offered money for an item she was selling on Craigslist was attempting a money scam between 7 a.m. June 24 and 9 a.m. June 30 in the 200 block of South Monterey Avenue.
• Someone was seen kicking a door handle and glass to a business several times before leaving in a dark colored sedan at 7:23 p.m. July 4 in the 300 block of North York Street.
• Tia C. Scott, 22, of the 700 block of North Ridgeway Avenue, Chicago, was charged with retail theft at 6:49 a.m. July 6 in the 900 block of South York Street after stealing baby formula and several over-the-counter medicines totaling more than $400.
• Patricia L. Bartilotta, 62, was charged with retail theft at 5:07 p.m. July 6 in the 200 block of South Route 83 after stealing two pairs of sunglasses and eating a candy bar without paying for it.
• A bronze vase worth $400 was reported stolen between noon June 21 and noon June 29 in the 400 block of East Lake Street.
• A catalytic converter was stolen from under a truck between noon May 21 and 9 a.m. May 23 in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A portable basketball hoop was stolen from a parkway between 8:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. July 1 in the 800 block of Stratford Avenue.
• A diamond ring was stolen from a table during a reception between 8:30 and 9 p.m. June 27 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A wedding ring was reported stolen at 5 p.m. June 29 in the 500 block of South Sunnyside Avenue.
• Wedding rings were reported stolen between 12:01 a.m. June 16 and 4 p.m. June 26 in the 600 block of Howard Street.
• A Coach purse containing an Illinois driver’s license, a health insurance card, about $30 in cash and four credit cards was stolen at 5:26 p.m. July 2 in the 1000 block of South York Street.
• Designer sunglasses, CDs, DVDs and a car charger were stolen from an unlocked car between 1 and 6:30 a.m. July 5 in the 400 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• Someone entered a locked common area of a building and attempted to pry open the laundry room door leaving marks at 10:45 a.m. July 2 in the 400 block of North Addison Avenue.
• Someone entered a yard and set off fireworks between noon July 4 and 8:38 a.m. July 5 in the 900 block of South Hillside Avenue.
Property damage, defacement
• Someone ripped a 9-inch tear in a rear window screen between 10:30 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. June 28 in the 200 block of East South Street.
• A driver’s side back window was shattered between 7 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. June 30 in the 100 block of West First Street.
• Someone took a stall door off its hinges in a men’s bathroom and clogged the toilet with toilet paper between 10 a.m. and 5:48 p.m. July 2 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
A black and silver wallet with a gold plate containing several credit cards, checkbook, miscellaneous cards, social security and an Illinois driver’s license was lost between 4:30 and 5 p.m. June 29 in the 600 block of North York Road.
• An Illinois dealer registration plate that had been reported stolen or missing out of Villa Park was found at 8:38 a.m. July 4 at York Street and Roosevelt Road.
• A silver men’s Schwinn MIrada mountain bicycle was found at 11:30 p.m. July 3 at South West Avenue and Utley Road.
• A silver men’s Diamondback Trail Cross Country bike was found at 4:27 p.m. July 6 in the 400 block of South Scott Street.