Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Theft and burglary
• Twenty dollars in quarter was stolen from the desk drawer of a business in the 5300 block of Main Street between 5 p.m. July 8 and 3 p.m. July 9.
• A resident returned home at 4 p.m. July 6 in the 1200 block of Barneswood Drive to discover pry marks on an exterior door frame. It did not appear that entrance was made into the home and nothing was reported missing.
• Diane M. Hale, 53, 554 Pershing Ave., Glen Ellyn, was charged with retail theft at 1:15 p.m. Friday in the 2900 block of Finley Road.
• A rear basement door to a home was found damaged at 7 p.m. July 9 by a resident in the 400 block of Otis Avenue. Etnrance was not made to the home and nothing was reported missing.
• Four pairs of "cheap" sunglasses were stolen from a vehicle parked between 10:45 p.m. July 6 and 8 a.m. July 7 in the 4300 block of Stanley Avenue.
• A green Ryobi duffel bag, a green Ryobi circular saw, a Ryobi reciprocating saw, a Ryobi lithium ion battery and charger were stolen from a residence between 5 p.m. July 2 and 9:15 p.m. July 8.
• A blue Trek XC mountain bike was stolen from the side of a business at 10:15 p.m. July 8 in the 5000 block of Fairview Avenue.
• A set of Calloway and Top Flight golf clubs were stolen from a vehicle parked between 11 p.m. July 6 and 7 a.m. July 7 in the 600 block of Sherman Street.
• A pair of $200 sun glasses, a $100 knife, a Leatherman tool and power cords were stolen from an unlocked vehicle between 4 p.m. July 6 and 6:30 a.m. July 7 in the 100 block of Chicago Avenue.
Bradley A. Polanek, 37, 4620 Stanley, Downers Grove, was charged with criminal damage to state supported property and two counts of domestic battery at 3:18 a.m. July 9 in the 3800 block of Highland Avenue.
• Lamps were reported damaged in front lawns between 1 a.m. and 6 a.m. Saturday in the 4700 block of Lee Avenue and the 3700 block of Saratoga Avenue; between 1 a.m. and 1:15 a.m. Saturday in the 6100 block of Washington Street; between 10 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday in the 6500 block of Springside Avenue; between 10 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday in the 1200 block of 62nd Street; between 9 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 p.m. Saturday in the 5400 block of Cumnor Road; and between 11 p.m. July 8 and 7 a.m. July 9 in the 1700 block of Prairie Avenue.
• A vehicle window was reportedly shattered between 12:15 a.m. and 9:30 a.m. Saturday in the 6800 block of Springside Avenue.
Amanda M. Helymann, 42, 1000 Chamberlain, Rockford, was charged with keeping a place of prostitution, unlawful possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia at a hotel in the 1100 block of Butterfield Road.
Marteasa V. Crawford, 31, 305 Bluff Ave., LaGrange, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 5:44 p.m. Friday in the 1100 block of Butterfield Road.