Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Billy J. Allen, 26, 3939 Saratoga Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance, obstructing identification, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 11:15 a.m. July 2 in the 1100 block of Ogden Avenue. Allen was allegedly found in possession of 1.2 grams of heroin, a glass smoking pipe, 0.7 grams of marijuana, a hypodermic needle and syringe and a metal spoon.
Charles E. Harrison, 613 W. 65th St., Westmont, was charged with battery and aggravated assault at 3:25 a.m. June 29 in the 7300 block of Winthrop Way.
Theft and burglary
• A $60,000 Caterpillar Bob Cat was fraudulently rented from a Downers Grove business and then was stolen, with its GPS tracking locating it in Lithuania about 6 weeks after its initial rental on May 15. According to the report, the unknown man who rented the tractor posed as a relative of a business with a valid Caterpillar access account.
• An $800 Joe Rodeo watch, $300 diamond stud earrings, two pairs of gym shoes, men's dress shirt and men's dress pants were reported stolen from a hotel room between 2:30 p.m. Friday and 11 a.m. July 5 in the 3100 block of Finley Road.
• A white cooler, a blue cooler, a Rubbermaid storage bin with camping supplies, two tackle boxes and their contents, five sets of fishing rods and reels were reported stolen from a front yard between 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of 60th Place.
• A painted, concrete lawn statue of a Dobson dog was reported stolen between 10 p.m. Thursday and 11:48 a.m. Sunday in the 4200 block of Downers Drive.
• Daniel E. Gallagher, 20, 1193 Brentwood Lane, Wheaton, was charged with retail theft at 9:10 p.m. June 30 in the 3300 block of Finley Road.
• A black Fiennd Morrow BMX bicycle was reported stolen from a garage between 9 p.m. June 29 and 6 p.m. June 30 in the 4600 block of Sterling Road.
• Walter R. McLaughlin, 61, 4329 Fairview Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with retail theft at 8:50 p.m. June 27 in the 40 block of Ogden Avenue.
• A 9 by 12 inch canvas painting was reported stolen from a minivan parked between 7 p.m. June 26 and 3 p.m. June 27 in the 200 block of Shady Lane.
• Two French doors, a Dewalt compound miter saw, a tool belt and two oak cabinet doors were reported stolen from a vacant house between 6 p.m. June 25 and 9 a.m. June 26 in the 200 block of 6th Street.
• Anna M. Smith, 21, 146 Mohawk Drive, Carol Stream, was charged with retail theft at 3:29 p.m. June 25 in the 2000 block of Butterfield Road.
• Charles G. Lofgren, 60, 920 Curtiss Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 10:22 p.m. Sunday in the 5600 block of Walnut Ave.
• Brian T. Pienkos, 36, 398 Bertram Drive, Yorkville, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 12:33 a.m. Sunday at 40th Place and Shady Lane.
• Lynn A. May, 59, 8309 Portsmouth Drive, Darien, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage and operating an uninsured motor vehicle at 10:57 p.m. Friday at the intersection of Main Street and 60th Place.
• Daniel L. Warzecha, 22, 1963 Sheffield Lane, Wheaton, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol, unsafe equipment and no insurance at 12:23 a.m. Thursday at Butterfield Road and Downers Drive.
Drugs and paraphernalia
• Alexander W. Schroeter, 21, 3S301 Juniper Lane, Glen Ellyn, was charged with unlawful possession of drug paraphernalia at 8:45 p.m. Saturday in the 2000 block of Prentiss Drive.
• Albert E. Porter, 22, 2423 School St., Rockford, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana at 9: 49 p.m. June 28 at Ogden Avenue and Downers Drive.
• Someone used a homemade explosive to destroy a mailbox at 10:15 p.m. Saturday in the 4100 block of Roslyn Road.
• Someone damaged the turf between 12:01 a.m. and 9 a.m. Friday at the Prairie Path in the 2600 block of Burlington Avenue by doing "donuts" with their vehicle.
• Amy L. Suthard, 44, 2909 Sheridan Road, Woodridge, was charged with trespassing at 7:15 p.m. July 1 in the 6200 block of Belmont Road.
• Krzysztof M. Rys, 7936 W. 92nd St., Hickory Hills, was charged with trespassing at 2:29 p.m. June 28 in the 100 block of Ogden Avenue.
• Dennis J. Glover, 61, 705 Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged with disorderly conduct at 4:56 a.m. June 27 in the 1000 block of Burlington Avenue.
• Salvatore F. Ciro, 41, 502 Camden Ave., Romeoville, was charged with disorderly conduct at 10:39 p.m. June 29 in the 1000 block of Burlington Avenue.
• Michael J. Rokita, 28, 4946 Douglas Road, Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at 4:29 p.m. Sunday at the police station.