A Few Clouds
35°FA Few CloudsFull Forecast

No one injured when Cary dryer catches fire

Published: Friday, July 4, 2014 12:25 a.m. CST

CARY – A dryer fire in a Cary home resulted in no structural damage or injuries Thursday evening, a fire official said.

The Cary Fire Protection District was dispatched at 7:33 p.m. Thursday to 116 N. Second St. for a dryer that caught fire, Capt. Dennis Krenz said.

The department is investigating the fire, which started in a natural gas dryer with no clothes in it, he said. It appeared to be accidental. No one was hurt in the fire, Krenz said.

– Emily K. Coleman

Get breaking and town-specific news sent to your phone. Sign up for text alerts from the Suburban Life Media.

Watch Now

Player embeded on all SLM instances for analytics purposes.

Lyons Township Peppy Primary Poms Perform

More videos »
 

Reader Poll

What do you hope to do more of this year?
Exercise
Get finances in order
Spend time with family
Get a new hobby