BENSENVILLE – In celebration of Independence Day, the village of Bensenville will host its annual LibertyFest on Friday.
10 a.m. – The parade steps off at 12 S. Center St. in Town Center, travels east on Green Street, continues south on York Road, and finishes at the Redmond Recreational Complex, 735 E. Jefferson St.
• Noon to 4 p.m.: Edge II Ice Arena, 735 E. Jefferson St., will host a free public skate.
• Noon to 4 p.m.: Water’s Edge, 545 John St., will host a free public swim.
1 p.m.: Food and beer will be available for purchase at Redmond Recreational Complex. The American Legion will run the beer tent.
Music at Redmond Recreational Complex
• 3 to 4:30 p.m.: Soul Patch Monkey
• 5:15 to 6:45 p.m.: Stilettos N’Spurs
• 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.: Heartache Tonight
9:30 p.m.: Fireworks will begin at Redmond Recreational Complex.
Parking is available in the Jefferson Street and John Street lots and on streets without “No Parking” signs.