Top 6 Fourth of July celebrations in Hinsdale area
HINSDALE – It's one of the largest and most celebrated holidays of the summer, complete with barbecues, American Flags and fireworks displays.
There are no shortage of ways to celebrate the occasion, but are the top-6 Fourth of July events in the area.
1.) Hinsdale's Independence Day parade
• What: The Independence Day celebration features a parade, collections of arts and crafts, and family fun and games in Burlington Park. Activities also include kid's inflatables, carnival games and face painting. Rotary Club of Hinsdale turtle races will also be featured following the parade at the west end of Burlington Park.
• When: 10 a.m. July 4
• Where: Kicks off from Sixth Street and Garfield Street, and will then head north to First Street, continue west to Grant Street, head south on Grant and end at Sixth and Grant streets.
2.) Taste of Oak Brook
• What: Music, food from Oak Brook area restaurants, children's activities and fireworks.
• When: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. July 3.
• Where: Oak Brook Sports Core, 800 Oak Brook Road.
3.) Oak Brook Hills Resort first annual "Independence Day Celebration"
• What: Features live music by "Red Seven" and the latest Goose Island craft beers. Guests are also encouraged to bring blankets to view this year's Westmont fireworks show on the grounds of the resort's golf course.
• When: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. July 4
• Where: Oak Brook Hills Resort, 3500 Midwest Road.
4.) Zigfield Troy Golf Course fireworks show
• What: A fireworks show at the Zigfield Troy Golf Course in Darien. The best views will be from the parking lot along 75th Street.
• When: 9:30 p.m. July 4
• Where: Zigfield Troy Golf Course, 1535 75th St., Darien
5.) Pleasant Dale Park District Independence Day celebration
• What: The Pleasant Dale Park District will host its Independence Day celebration with food and fireworks.
• When: 5:30 p.m. July 3
• Where: Walker Park
6.) Fourth of July Pancake Breakfast
• What: Boy Scout Troop 69, sponsored by St. Helena’s Church, Burr Ridge, will be hosting its 14th annual Fourth of July pancake breakfast. The menu includes pancakes, sausage, scrambled eggs, egg strata, fruit, orange juice, Starbucks coffee and other beverages. There will be raffles, door prizes and a bake sale.
• When: 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. July 4
• Where: Walker Recreation Center, 7425 S. Wolf Road.