Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Brian Maynard, 30, of the 600 block of Forum Drive, Roselle, and Daniel Jasch, 30, of the 800 block of Seneca Lane, Carol Stream, were charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance at 5:57 p.m. June 17 at Interstate 290 and York Street after they were found to be in possession of heroin. Maynard was also charged with speeding and improper lane usage.
Baggies of 2.4 grams of suspected heroin were found at 6:50 p.m. June 16 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• Alexander Siska, 27, of the 1600 block of Scott Street, Glendale Heights, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs and failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident at 3:26 p.m. June 16 at North Avenue and Michigan Street.
• Dominick Ghilarducci, 22, of the 15100 block of Spring Road, Oakbrook Terrace, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and disobeying a stop sign at 8:48 a.m. June 19 at Kent Avenue and East Van Buren Street.
• Dale J. Vandenberg, 39, of the 5100 block of North Claremont Avenue, Chicago, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and not having insurance at 5:26 a.m. June 20 at East Lake Street and North Howard Avenue.
• Amy Ryan, 39, of the 600 block of South Mitchell Avenue, was charged with driving under the influence of drugs, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident, not having valid registration, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on June 22 after she was release from the hospital. She had crashed her car into a city pump station at 7:27 p.m. June 21 at West Avenue and Randolph Street.
• Tionya A. Winfrey, 41, of the 1800 block of West Adams Street, and Jalon Jaddua, 43, of the 1900 block of South Harvey Avenue, Berwyn, were charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 2:58 p.m. June 16 in the 800 block of North York Road.
• A minor was charged with possession of marijuana and two others were charged with possession of tobacco by a minor at 8:58 p.m. June 20 in the 800 block of North Wilson Street.
• A minor was charged with not having headlights, not having insurance, violating curfew and possession of marijuana at 4:43 a.m. June 21 at St. Charles Road and Hill Street.
• Omar Moreno, 20, of the 400 block of Gilbert Drive, Wood Dale, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia, illegal transportation of open alcohol and posted bond on a warrant for possession of marijuana at 10:12 p.m. June 18 at North Avenue and Walnut Street. Nina Spillone, 23, of the 600 block of Douglas Avenue, Addison, was charged with illegal transportation of open alcohol. Fernando Serna, 24, of the 600 block of North Addison Avenue, was charged with failing to wear a seat belt. Katherine Flando, 22 of the 0 to 100 block of East Sidney Avenue, Addison, was charged with illegal transportation of alcohol.
• A transportation director found a multi-colored glass pipe underneath the seat of a bus between 3 p.m. June 13 and 8 a.m. June 17 at Ray Graham Association, 420 W. Madison St. Police were not able to determine if an unauthorized person had entered the bus at the time.
Disorderly conduct charged
Stephen P. Weigel, 26, of the 400 block of Utley Road, was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest at 4:19 p.m. June 21 in the 100 block of West Schiller Street after he created a disturbance at Nu Crepes for the second time. He was being loud and asking if the restaurant served hot dogs as well as using profane language and gestures.
Tobacco possession by a minor
A juvenile was charged with not having a valid driver's license, possession of tobacco by a minor and no registration plate light at 1:02 a.m. June 16 at North and Addison Avenue.
Cell phone use while driving
• Phu Quoc Huynh, 43, of the 3800 of the South Emerald Avenue, Chicago, was charged with use of a electronic communication device while driving and driving while license suspended at 10:33 a.m. June 16 in the 600 block of North Avenue and Indiana Street.
• Armando Salmeron, 38, of the 100 block of South 19th Avenue, Maywood, was charged with use of a electronic communication device while driving, not having a valid driver's license and not having insurance at 5:37 p.m. June 22 at Fair Avenue and St. Charles Road.
• Someone placed a piece of paper over the camera of an ATM, but no financial loss occurred between 11 a.m. June 16 and 7:40 a.m. June 17 in the 400 block of West Lake Street.
• An AT&T/SBC phone box on the side of residence was unscrewed and slightly opened, but no damage was found between noon June 13 and 4 p.m. June 17 in the 400 block of South Kenilworth Avenue.
• Four men were seen walking into a wooded area and leaving with what appeared to be jars at 10:51 p.m. June 22 in the 400 block of East South Street. Police checked the area and found 13 Bud Light beers.
Someone wrote a check for $8,325 for the down payment on an insurance policy, but it came back twice as insufficient funds and was reported at 11:17 a.m. June 19 in the 400 block of West Butterfield Road.
A minor was charged with violating curfew at 3:29 a.m. June 22 at Schiller Street and Haven Road.
• Paola E. Lopez, 28, of the 200 block of East Roosevelt Road, was charged with retail theft at 3:29 p.m. June 21 in the 300 block of South Route 83 after stealing a top and pants.
• Two men stole an unknown amount of liquor from CVS at 12:20 a.m. June 16 in the 100 block of West North Avenue.
• Several jewelry items, bonds, and a Louis Vuitton purse that contained gift cards and cash were stolen from a home and a rear door left open between 9 a.m. and noon June 16 in the 400 block of Cottage Hill Avenue.
• About 40 green fence posts that were going to be used for tree protection were stolen between 3 p.m. June 14 and noon June 16 in the 100 block of East Madison Street.
• A phone was stolen or lost between 3:45 and 4:45 p.m. June 17 in the 900 block of North Oaklawn Avenue.
• A black bike valued at $200 was stolen from an open garage at 5:56 p.m. June 17 in the 400 block of South Mitchell Avenue.
• Someone reported depositing $9,000 into two Charter One bank accounts, but only found $4,000 added to the accounts at 10 a.m. June 18 in the 100 block of North Addison Avenue.
• A total of $193 in cash was stolen from inside a purse in an unlocked locker between 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. June 19 in the 100 block of South Prospect Avenue.
• Someone stole $500 in cash from inside a magazine between midnight June 18 and 3:46 p.m. June 19 in the 700 block of South Hawthorne Avenue.
• A black Diamondback, 10-speed mountain bike was stolen between 10 p.m. June 17 and 4 p.m. June 19 in the 300 block of East May Street.
• Purses and wallets containing driver's licenses, credit cards, cash, gift cards and checks were stolen from five cars with broken windows between 2 and 2:38 p.m. June 20 in the 600 block of South York Road.
• A 14 karat gold brooch and other unknown items were stolen and the side door of a home was broken between 1:30 p.m. and 3:33 p.m. in the 200 block of Chandler Avenue.
• Earrings and underwear worth $20.60 were stolen at 6:51 p.m. June 20 in the 300 block of the South Route 83.
• A black Trek 820 mountain bicycle was stolen between 4 and 8 p.m. June 20 in the 600 block of South York Street.
• A woman's driver's license and credit card were stolen from her apartment and made numerous purchases between noon and 4:30 p.m. June 21 in the 400 block of South Spring Road.
Property damage, defacement
• Samantha Palermo, 20, of the 900 block of South Euclid Avenue, was charged with criminal damage to property at 2:16 p.m. June 21 at her home after striking the car her mother was sitting inside with a shovel.
• Someone placed a tire in front of the exit door to a car wash that caused damage to the overhead door and the car wash track at 7:55 a.m. June 17 in the 500 block of West Lake Street.
• Graffiti was found at 7:48 a.m. June 22 on a building in the 600 block of North York Street and on a wooden fence in the 700 block of North Michigan Street.
• A red and gray Mongoose XR75, 21-speed mountain bike was found at 4:05 p.m. June 19 at York Street and the Illinois Prairie Path.
• A 24-inch Road Master 18-speed mountain bike was found at 7:31 a.m. June 21 in the 100 block of North York Street.
• A black and blue Trek 3700, 26-inch men's bike was found at 9:25 a.m. June 21 at Berens Park.