District 205 welcomes the following new central office administrators to Elmhurst for 2014-15:
• Dr. Kathleen Kosteck has been named the assistant superintendent for student services, most recently serving as director of student services for Indian Prairie District 204. She has also been a principal and assistant principal in District 204, serving a total of 17 years there.
Formerly the secondary special education coordinator for the Kendall County Special Education Cooperative, she was also division coordinator for special education for Bloom Township High School and a special education teacher in Lincoln-Way District 210 and in Joliet School District 86.
• Dr. James Woell was recently named assistant superintendent for human resources. He comes to Elmhurst from Glenview District 34, where he served as principal of Attea Middle School since 2006. During that tenure, he also served on numerous District 34 committees. In addition, he provided both building-based and district-based professional development on professional learning communities, differentiated classroom instruction, moment-to-moment classroom assessment and Wiggins’ Understanding by Design planning framework.
• David Beedy will be the new STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) curriculum coordinator, overseeing mathematics and science instruction. He comes to Elmhurst from Perspectives Charter School in Chicago, where he serves as assistant principal. He was also the science and technology instructional leader there, and previously worked for Lake Forest and New Trier high schools as a science teacher and Science Olympiad head coach. Beedy is one of 41 educators, chosen from across the state, who are developing a new model science curriculum based on the Next Generation Science Standards.
• Debra Wright will be the new humanities coordinator, overseeing English language arts and social studies curricula. She comes to Elmhurst from St. Charles District 303, where she has served as assistant director of curriculum for the past two years. Prior to that, she spent seven years as an instructional coach for District 303. She has been a RESPRO (Reports of Services and Supports Provided to Schools) coach for the Kane County Regional Office of Education.
• Dr. Michelle Fitzgerald was named assistant superintendent for curriculum and instruction last month.
Melea Smith is the District 205 director of communications.