HINSDALE – The first day of school for District 181 students will be pushed back a few days this fall in comparison to past years.
The first day of school for 2014-15 will move from Aug. 21 to Aug. 25 to create additional staff development opportunities for the start of the year, according to District 181.
The last day of school will now be Friday, June 5 rather than Wednesday June 3, if no emergency days are used. Dates for winter and spring breaks were not affected by the calendar change.
• Aug. 25: First day of student attendance
• Sept. 1: Labor Day, no school
• Oct. 13: Columbus Day, no school
• Nov. 4: Institute Day, no school
• Nov. 24 and 25: Parent teacher conferences, no school
• Nov. 26-28: No school
• Dec. 22-Jan. 2: Winter break, no school
• Jan. 19: Martin Luther King Day, no school
• Feb. 16: Presidents' Day, no school
• March 30-April 3: Spring break
• May 25: Memorial Day
• June 5: Last day of school