Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Elmhurst Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Crack cocaine possession
Anthony C. Wudi, 42, of the 0 to 100 block of South Iowa Street, Addison, was charged with unlawful possession of a controlled substance, failure to wear a seat belt, disobeying a traffic control device and failure to yield to an authorized emergency vehicle at 8:59 p.m. June 6 at Roosevelt Road and Route 83 after Wudi was seen smoking crack cocaine while driving.
Bicyclist, pedestrian charged in traffic collisions
Two traffic collisions last week resulted in not only minor injuries, but citations for a pedestrian and bicyclist. Anthony J. Suriano, 39, 700 block of West Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged with failure to yield as a pedestrian at 3:45 p.m. June 4 at North Avenue and York Street. Deputy Chief Dominic Panico said Suriano ran into the side of car traveling northbound on York Street. Lexine F. Dumas, 44, of the 100 block of East Fremont Avenue, was charged with disobeying a stop sign at Spring Road and Crescent Avenue after hitting a car traveling north on Spring Road on her bicycle. Panico said police bicycle patrols during the warmer months aim to increase motorist, bicyclist and pedestrian awareness as well as safety.
Deshawna D. Bellamy, 23, of the 7600 block of South Shore Drive, Chicago, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and unlawful possession of a controlled substance at 5:15 p.m. June 5 at Route 83 and Riverside Drive for having a bag of heroin.
• Vanessa Rodriguez, 26, of the 6800 block of West Gunnison Street, Harwood Heights, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage, disobeying a traffic control device and no insurance at 2:43 a.m. May 30 at Lake Street and Grand Avenue.
• Angela Bend, 29, of the 3500 block of Charlemagne Street, St. Charles, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and improper backing at 12:06 a.m. June 1 in the 100 block of South Cottage Hill Avenue.
• Edward Cherven, 57, of the 100 block of Virginia Street, was charged with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol at 1:06 a.m. June 1 at North and West avenues.
• Julian Rice, 23, with an unknown address, was charged with possession of marijuana at 8:48 p.m. May 30 in the 500 block of West Grand Avenue.
• Jeffrey Guevarra, 29, of the 500 block of North Emroy Avenue was charged with possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 12:06 a.m. June 8 at his home.
Drug paraphernalia possession
• Matthew D. Forch, 18, of the 0 to 100 block of North Ashbel Avenue, Hillside, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia at 5:54 p.m. May 29 at Kenilworth Avenue and Marion Street. Arjun Verma, 18, of the 5800 block of Albin Terrace, Berkeley, was cited for speeding and disobeying a traffic control device.
• Samantha Gozdal, 19, of the 400 block of Westmore Meyers Road, Lombard, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia and driving without headlights at 12:01 a.m. May 31 at North and Kenilworth avenues.
Yeohsy Koh, 47, of the 300 block of West First Street, was charged with animal neglect and having a dog at large at 5:45 p.m. June 3 in the 100 block of West North Avenue after placing her dog in a box with a note to take care of it the day before she left the country.
Hit and run
Amy M. Ryan, 39, of the 600 block of South Mitchell Avenue, was cited for failure to report an accident, failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident and expired registration at 8:25 a.m. May 30 at Vallette Street and Fairfield Avenue.
Someone knocked over a portable toilet and moved a temporary orange construction fence across the sidewalk between 6 p.m. May 29 and 10 a.m. May 30 in the 200 block of Madison Street.
• Raymond A. Doliber, 28, of the 300 block of Adell Place, was charged with disorderly conduct-public intoxication and obstructing justice at 2:20 p.m. May 31 in the 500 block of West North Avenue. He was charged again with disorderly conduct-public intoxication at 3:01 p.m. June 6 at Fremont Avenue and York Street.
• Mario Mondragon-Balu, 20, of the 1100 block of York Road, Bensenville, was cited for possession of alcohol by a minor and disorderly conduct-public intoxication at 11:15 p.m. June 7 at North Avenue and York Street.
• Jonathan Gunst, 21, of the 600 block of South Chatham Avenue, was cited for disorderly conduct-public intoxication at 1:23 a.m. June 8 at Adell Place and Adelaide Street.
Cell phone use while driving
• Jose I. Velasquez, 22, of the 100 block of Bridget Court, Bensenville, was charged with talking on a cell phone while driving and driving without a license at 5:54 p.m. May 30 at York Street and Grand Avenue.
• Erick Zavala-Soto, 27, of the 900 block of North Pleasant Drive, Addison, was charged with not having a valid driver's license, failure to signal, unlawful use of a cell phone while driving, not wearing a seat belt and driving on the wrong side of the road at 11:53 a.m. May 31 at North and River Glen avenues.
• Luisa Martinez-Castill, 38, of the 0 to 100 block of Schubert Avenue, Glendale Heights, was charged with using a cell phone while driving, not having a valid driver's license and not having insurance at 10:13 a.m. June 6 at Commonwealth Lane and Butterfield Road.
• Ryan S. Perkins, 20, of the 400 block of Sunnyside Avenue, and Kyle J. Blank, 21, of the 300 block of Harrison Street, were cited for possession of open alcohol in public at 8:33 p.m. May 31 in the 400 block of Hampshire Avenue. Perkins was also cited for consumption of alcohol by a minor, and Blank was also cited for providing alcohol to a minor.
• A minor was charged with consumption of alcohol by a minor and violating curfew at 1:55 p.m. June 4 at York Street and Crestview Avenue.
• Two minors were charged with possession of alcohol, consumption of alcohol by a minor and violating curfew at 11:15 p.m. June 4 in the 400 block of North West Avenue.
• Zachary J. Graunke, 19, of the 400 block of West Armitage Avenue, Elmhurst, and a minor were cited for being in the park after hours at 1:52 a.m. June 4 in the 400 block of North Oaklawn Avenue.
• Two minors were charged for violating curfew at 12:21 a.m. June 6 at First Street and Addison Avenue.
Order of protection violated
• Anthony Suriano, 38, of the 700 block of West Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was taken into custody for violating an order of protection at 2:28 a.m. June 6 in the 500 block of Van Auken Street.
• Joseph Weigel, 55, of the 400 block of West Alma Street, was charged violating an order of protection at 12:39 a.m. June 8 in the 200 block of Oak Street.
An Elmhurst man gave his social security number, address and phone number to a man over the phone who claimed to be with a card member service fraud department at 1 p.m. June 2 in the 100 block of East Adelaide Street.
Soliciting without a permit
Donnie P. Whitfield, 23, of the 100 block of East 111th Street, Chicago, was charged with failure to register at 7:11 p.m. June 4 in the 100 block of Avon Road.
An Elmhurst woman reported unauthorized transactions on her Chase credit card for Walmart, India Airlines and Delta Airlines between 9 a.m. June 2 and 3 p.m. June 3.
An Elmhurst woman reported she received a counterfeit $100 as payment during a garage sale at 1:16 p.m. May 31 in the 400 block of Parkview Avenue.
• Ashley Sopochi, 21, of the 400 block of Wellington Lane, Bolingbrook, was charged with retail theft, possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 7:15 p.m. May 30 in the 300 block of South Route 83 after stealing $112.26 worth of clothing.
• The bench seat from a car was stolen from a driveway between 10 and 10:30 a.m. May 31 in the 800 block of South York Street.
• A black luggage bag containing an HP model 6560B gray and silver laptop and a 32G iPad, worth $1,900, was stolen after it fell from the back of a moving car when the back hatch opened at 7:25 a.m. June 2 at Brush Hill and York roads. When the driver returned, it was gone.
• A 1970, 22-inch, white girls Beach Cruiser bicycle, worth $150, was stolen from inside an open car port between 2 p.m. June 1 and 2 p.m. June 3 in the 100 block of Maple Tree Court.
• A gray 18-inch, Raleigh, 21-speed woman's bicycle, worth $500, was stolen from the Bryan Middle School bike rack between 8 a.m. and 3:25 p.m. June 3 in the 100 block of West Butterfield Road.
• An unlocked 26-inch, 10-speed, dark brown Raleigh mountain bike was stolen between 4 and 4:30 p.m. June 3 in the 700 block of South York Street. It was replaced with a purple Schwinn mountain bike that had been stolen from the Elmhurst Public Library bike rack earlier that same day.
• A commercial grade stainless steel sink was stolen between 12:45 and 1 p.m. June 4 in the 600 block of West St. Charles Road when it was placed outside to be cleaned.
• A white iPhone 5S, worth $600, was stolen from a locker room bench between 7:20 and 7:30 p.m. June 4 in the 600 block of West North Avenue.
• A 30-inch woman's bicycle valued at $100 was stolen from a garage at 2:45 p.m. June 8 in the 200 block of North Oak Street.
Possession of stolen property
Police saw a juvenile riding a light blue spray painted bicycle, which was actually a dark green women's 26-inch Schwinn mountain bike the juvenile claimed he got from a friend at 6:47 p.m. June 4 at Schiller and York streets.
• A motorcycle was tipped over and gas was pouring from the gas tank between 12:30 and 1 a.m. May 30 in the 100 block of West Park Avenue.
• A branch fell and struck the rear passenger side of a vehicle, breaking a window at 1:21 p.m. June 2 in the 900 block of Fairfield Avenue.
• Two plastic lawn chairs were damaged between 10 p.m. June 4 and 11:30 a.m. June 5 in the 600 block of Spring Road.
• A wooden arch, worth $100, was damaged, a wooden bench knocked over and a tree stump as well as two decorative bowling balls were thrown into the frog pond between 10 and 11:15 p.m. June 4 in the 400 block of North West Avenue.
• Spray paint was reported on a concrete barrier and a portable toilet at 6:41 p.m. June 5 at Conrad Fischer Park.
• A lit smoke bomb was placed on a front door mat and left a burn mark at 11:35 p.m. June 6 in the 200 block of West Grantley Avenue.
• Someone spray painted a fence with green paint between 1:30 and 8:30 a.m. June 8 at Berteau and North avenues.
• A Social Security card was reported lost at 6 p.m. May 26 in the 100 block of East Schiller Street.
• New Illinois registration plates were lost between noon May 31 and 1 p.m. June 3 in the 200 block of West Grand Avenue.
• A .45 caliber shell casing was found at 10:54 a.m. May 31 in the 100 block of Grace Avenue.
• A Trek 800 Singletrak, woman's 21-speed bike was found at 3:59 p.m. June 6 in the 600 block of South York Road.