Information in Police Reports is obtained from the Downers Grove Police Department. Individuals listed in Police Reports who have been charged with a crime have not been proven guilty in court.
Theft and burglary
• Curtis J. Nelson, 23, 10000 Devonshire St., Westchester, was charged with felony retail theft at 4:57 p.m. Thursday in the 2000 block of Butterfield Road.
• Shure headphones, Sennheiser headphone, RayBan Aviators and a bag of assorted cables were reported stolen from a locked 2009 Nissan parked between 10 p.m. May 27 and 7 a.m. May 28 in the 1500 block of 62nd Street.
• A GPS unit and a Puma bag were reported stolen from a 2005 Toyota parked between 10:50 and 11:30 a.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of Butterfield Road.
• John. M. Roberts, Jr., 26, 156 S. Milton Ave., Glen Ellyn was charged with retail theft at 7:01 p.m. Thursday in the 2000 block of Butterfield Road.
• A mannequin was reported stolen between 6 p.m. May 24 and 10 a.m. May 27 from in front of a store in the 5100 block of Main Street.
• Three people were observed in security footage at the not-yet-open Caputo's Fresh market, 42 Ogden Ave., enter a docking area but leave without taking anything between 8:51 and 8:55 p.m. May 24.
• About $375 in tools were reported stolen from a store in the 2000 block of Butterfield Road between 9:50 and 10 a.m. May 24. The male Hispanic suspect drove a grey sedan.
Controlled substance possession
Courtney L. Purtell, 20, 29W553 Winchester Circle, Warrenville, was charged with possession of a controlled substance at 4:37 p.m. May 28 in the 1000 block of Butterfield Road.
• Joseph S. Lavender, PO Box 1511 Montgomery, Ill., and Jordan A. McMullen, 2127 Prentiss Drive, were both charged with disorderly conduct at 12:22 a.m. Friday in the 2000 block of Prentiss Drive.
• Brian D. Reeves, 47, 5917 Sherman Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with disorderly conduct at 5:55 p.m. May 27 in the 6200 block of Main Street.
• Jade Swanson, 37, 703 W. Liberty Drive, Wheaton, was charged with disorderly conduct at 4 a.m. May 24 in the 900 block of Curtiss Street.
A man holding a sign reading "Please Help" with an unnamed number of children at 1:24 p.m. May 27 in the 2800 block of Easton Street allegedly slapped a woman when she asked them to leave the property. He was described as being of middle eastern descent, in his mid 30s with a slim build. He fled the scene and was not found.
• Morgan T. Grimes, 19, 2642 Brewer Lane, Woodridge, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia at 3:08 p.m. May 22.
• Amanda A. Miller, 18, 404 Chicago Ave., Downers Grove, was charged with unlawful possession of marijuana and and drug paraphernalia at 9:20 p.m. May 22 at the police station.
• German Hernandez-Flores, 37, 1063 Jennifer Lane, Bolingbrook, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at 9:50 p.m. May 24 at 68th Street and Wolf Place.
• Monty Chandok, 32, 1017 Meadowlark Lane, Darien, was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol and driving the wrong way on a one way street at 2:37 a.m. May 24 at Curtiss and Main Streets.
• Corey B. Johnson, 19, 7516 Orchard Lane, Woodridge, was charged with domestic batter at 12:44 p.m. May 29 in the 2100 block of Prentiss Drive.
• Pablo G. Perez, 24, 7230 Winthrop Way., Downers Grove, was charged with domestic battery at obstructing identification at 11:25 p.m. May 24 at his residence.